Supercharge/Turbo A C43 Or Put A '55 Lump In?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 37751

I'm in negotiations to buy a C43 at the minute and it's in fine fettle mechanically, so it seems a shame to swap the engine for a '55 lump, which is something I've been thinking strongly about.

I remember a member selling his supercharged C43, but I can't seem to find any info on it?

So, it's obviously possible, but could it be turbocharged as opposed to supercharged and what are the pitfalls, so to speak?

Or would it cost such a silly amount to do that I'd just be as well sticking with the '55 idea? The car has already had a few tweaks already...

Have you tried a C43 "as is"? They're not exactly slow out of the box..

Cheers,

Gaz

Supercharge it !

Everyone has a C43/55 conversion these days ;)

You'll get more power too , 440/450 bhp from the SC 43

There was a Lorinser supercharger kit for the M113 engine on German Ebay the other day for 1800 euros.

Have you tried a C43 "as is"? They're not exactly slow out of the box..

They *only* have about 25bhp more than the C36, but I just fancy doing something different with it.

The '55 conversion won't be cheap because I'll have to buy a W210 E55 donor car, so I'm just at the ideas stage just now .

Supercharging a '55 conversion might be the way forward...;)

Why don't you buy a CLK55 and SC it ?

Do all the donkey work , make sure it's running properly and then i'll buy it off you ;)

Why don't you buy a CLK55 and SC it ?

Do all the donkey work , make sure it's running properly and then i'll buy it off you ;)

Higher purchase price is the biggest stumbling block, although I have been keeping an eye out for a W208 CLK55 as it happens.

Now you've said it, this could be one for the future, what's the bhp on a standard CLK55?

SC the 55.

Thats what I am going to do.

Higher purchase price is the biggest stumbling block, although I have been keeping an eye out for a W208 CLK55 as it happens.

Now you've said it, this could be one for the future, what's the bhp on a standard CLK55?

342 bhp

Lee:Since you`re doing up your C36,why not bang a TT on that

I was sorely tempted with that supercharged C43 but the problem is that these sorts of conversions are rarely 100% reliable..
Unless your name is Olly and you are happy to be continually fettling, id advise you stick to the 55 conversion..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom