Supercharging Boost / heat interesting read

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Billy-cls55

Car
Found this interesting read on supercharging
Supercharger & Blower Basics - Tech Article - Chevy High Performance Magazine

I then looked into why the CLK 55 Dtm came with 580 bhp standard, and has quite a few changes
Info on Clk55 amg

http://forum.amg-owners-club.org/pu...2-press-release-clk-dtm-amg-16-pics/?19aa48da

One of the things I noticed is that AMG did not go for the SLR style intercoolers, but seems to have actually had a revised larger charge cooler, with the lower Motor / control flap being removed completely, just wondering if anyone has fitted a DTM style charge cooler, as with this and a large heat exchanger I think some of the higher tuned could run big numbers, but with more boost and heat could make you actually lose power beyond a point, if the incoming heat is not addressed, just a thought.

It has been done however the Weistec kit pretty much makes most of it redundant, in fact there was a set up for sale recently in the US after the guy drove a Weistec he realised that bigger blower and improved charge cooler makes more sense than just improved charge cooler
You would probably want to also factor in an electronic bypass valve otherwise your only safety feature would be the SC clutch and they have been known to occasionally fuse under extreme heat.

Here's the one that was up for sale

image.jpg

It has been done however the Weistec kit pretty much makes most of it redundant, in fact there was a set up for sale recently in the US after the guy drove a Weistec he realised that bigger blower and improved charge cooler makes more sense than just improved charge cooler
You would probably want to also factor in an electronic bypass valve otherwise your only safety feature would be the SC clutch and they have been known to occasionally fuse under extreme heat.

Here's the one that was up for sale

View attachment 35434

Great thanks Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom