Superchip For Mb Cdi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mapleleaf

MB Enthusiast
Car
2022 GLC 300 estate- replaced 2018 Gle 43 AMG Night - replaced previous 2015 E63 AMG
Having driven my wifes ML 270CDi On & off for a couple of months now, I am missing the power of a petrol Merc!

Has anyone had any experience of Superchipping a Merc diesel to improve BHP Torque.

:D

Well worth the money.....;)

Made a massive difference to the drivability of an already good engine, but can make you think you are driving a petrol if you have a heavy right foot and watch the fuel gauge!

On a long run it can actualy improve fuel economy tho.

Buy it in Germany, I bought one for less than £200, took 10 mins to fit, well worth it!

Should mention, insurance company need to be informed and theoreticaly invalidates you warantee.

Easily removed if you are having a service tho ;)

thanks

IS it an easy DIy job, ie any delsoldering/ soldering required??

Steve,

Takes 10mins to fit, unscrew the top of the ecu housing in the engine bay, unplug the three connectors, atach the "chip", re-connect the three connectors.

Jobs a good-un :bannana:

Have a look this link

thanks,

I followed your linkk which took me to ebay . I emailed the guys at Inmotion tuning austria & they kindly sent me the instructions in English... But, they talk about delsoldering the existing chip & then resoldering the new one. :rolleyes:

This isnt the same as you described, have you got the product name & supplier of your chip??

cheers

what they sent follows for your info.

"Installation Instruction

1. With the ignition turned off take the Bosch ECU out of your vehicle. Open it with a T15-Torx screw driver .

2. Lay the ECU on your workbench so that the black Multi-Pin-Connector is not facing you.

3. On the upper side of the circuit board you will find a chip (Eprom) identical to your tuning chip. In case of doubts just count the pins of the chip. The chip you are going to replace has 22 pins on both sides and the type is identical to your tuning chip (29f400 or 29f800)

4. Mark pin 1 of the original chip with a dark pen to avoid wrong polarity when inserting the new chip. Note that the position of pin 1 can be recognised by a small cut-out point.

5. Now unsolder the original chip. Make sure that all the factory solder connections are undone before removing the chip carefully from the board.

6. Clean off any flux or other impurities the board with a special circuit board cleaner.

7. Now insert the tuning chip on the circuit board exactly on the solder connections. Make sure the chip is in the same position as the original chip. It is absolutely essential that Pin 1 is in the correct position!

8. Re-solder carefully your tuning chip (or the optional socket). Use flux and solder tip to fix the chip on the circuit board.

9. Close the ECU and put it back into the vehicle. The vehicle is operable immediately after the installation.

Attention
Soldering as described should only be done by an experienced person. Take note that INMOTION Tuning does not take any responsibility in case of damage caused by improper handling"

Steve,

I have just had a look at that auction, and it isn't the same supplier I bought mine from.

I paid 300 Euro's ish, the guys name was steve, his email address was [email protected].

He took Credit card payment, and delivery was prompt.

Try dropping him and email, or look at this auction which is the same seller.

Sorry about the red-herring before,

Paul

Steve,

Picking this up again from the other comments I made, try:

www.bromleystuning.com

They're in the North and much closer to Manchester than DMS.

The cheaper models simply add extra fuel across the rev range, the signal interrupts the ECU and holds the injector open for a fraction longer - hence more grunt. As you go up the scale of costs you'll find that the research has been done a little better.

I would suggest getting one that's been TUV approved - this is the German version of the MOT and they ensure all accessories are safe and reliable to use. (when you take your car for it's annual test all 'extras' have to be approved otherwise it's not road legal)

I don't know anything about the auction route - never having used it - but as these units are sealed and easily plugged in I would think that, as Pauls experience has shown, you can save a lot of money using that route! (1/3 the price of mine!)

HTH

Richard

Hi Guys

No problem with herrings ! :D

Bromleys seems favourite, thanks Richard, they are offering a free rolling road test b4 & after (to jan 31st) and their unit is a simple plug in type - so no soldering etc. + a 3yr warranty.

Price is not cheap but as they also offer a try b4 you buy service there is nothing to lose

Originally posted by Richard W
I would suggest getting one that's been TUV approved - this is the German version of the MOT and they ensure all accessories are safe and reliable to use.

Mine came with a TUV sticker on it, but I guess anyone can print these!?!?

Originally posted by Richard W
I don't know anything about the auction route - never having used it - but as these units are sealed and easily plugged in I would think that, as Pauls experience has shown, you can save a lot of money using that route! (1/3 the price of mine!)

My unit may have been cheeper, but buying of an auction from a forign suplier may as well mean I have no warantee to speak of. Also the "free rolling road" is a nice insentive.

Originally posted by steve_bcs
their unit is a simple plug in type - so no soldering etc. + a 3yr warranty.

The unit i bought looks identical to Unit V-VP (no soldering required), and be aware the warantee will probibly only cover the electronics in the unit, and will probibly exclude software issues and subsiquent damage etc..

Either way you won't regret the change in power delivery once you have one of these units fitted :)

Last edited:
Go on Steve, you know you want to........

R

(It won't rival Koolvin's turbo - but it'll bring a smile to your face:bannana: :bannana: )

Sorted!

I've Booked in for the treatment on Jan 14th :D

As for koolvins Turbo .... I'll just wheel out my E55 !!:p

E55 - No Sweat :)

I'll lend Koolvin the Rover!

1.6 litres of AMG killing machine :D

Mark

Ha!

Just wait till my Brabus EV12 arrives !!!! :devil:

then we'll see who's boss
:bannana: :bannana: .

Buts thats only if my darling wife forgoes her nice house in the country ! ;)

Originally posted by steve_bcs
Ha!

Just wait till my Brabus EV12 arrives !!!! :devil:

Now we're talking :)

But I should have the 350-400Hp turbo CRX built by then
So the 1/4 mile will still be mine - even if you get the top end :)

Mark

Brabus let you alter the gear ratio to give you the power where you want it .... :D

Originally posted by fuzzer
Brabus let you alter the gear ratio to give you the power where you want it .... :D

So do the cogs in my gearbox :)

I selct the ratios I want when I build the box

350hp + 900kg = one very fast car off the line :)

So mine will be very very quick on the 1/4 mile - but wont be much use above about 120-130

Not that I'd want to go much quicker in a CRX !!

with about 400hp per ton it will be quite a missile.

Mark

Hi Chaps!

Well, the job is done & the Diesel ML now feels 100% betetr at pulling away - much more responsive. Well worth it.

They couldnt do the free rolling road test to check before & after results because it is meant fo r2 wheel drive cars only!

But I got a free on board laptop diagnosis & tweaking on the move which increased power without increasing fuel used.

Highly recommended.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom