SuperChip question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gizmo750

Car
Audi TT
Hi All,

Well, several questions actually. I have done a search and it seems that a few of you guys have fitted a Superchip (mainly to diesels though). So:

1. Is it worth the money to get on fitted to my CLK320 (looking for a little more performance)
2. Is there a preferred make I should look for?
3. Can I fit it myself?
4. Will the dealer get upset re: servicing etc (its out of warranty anyway)
5. Anyone recommend a supplier?

Thanks in advance for your help chaps

Guy

Porgie

I had my CLK 320 Chipped didnt really notice any difference ecept that I was about £300.00 lighter, always had the suspicion that nothjing had changed, don't bother. :confusedundefined:

porgie said:
I had my CLK 320 Chipped didnt really notice any difference ecept that I was about £300.00 lighter, always had the suspicion that nothjing had changed, don't bother. :confusedundefined:

Always possible to prove whether it has really changed by putting the car on a dyno before and after. What sort of chip was it ?

S.

Gizmo750 said:
1. Is it worth the money to get on fitted to my CLK320 (looking for a little more performance)

You're keeping it now then ;) Definitely worth it, as long as it makes a difference to the performance.

2. Is there a preferred make I should look for?

Superchips seem to be amongst the most reputable - although I'm sure others are as good.

3. Can I fit it myself?

Unlikely - it really needs to be done via a proper re-map of the ECU - the plug in type chips for petrol are not as effective (if at all) as the diesel ones.

4. Will the dealer get upset re: servicing etc (its out of warranty anyway)

Maybe - if they think that anything which has gone wrong can be directly attributed to the chip - but if you are saying that its out of warranty, they are unlikely to be bothered - probably wont even notice its been done.

5. Anyone recommend a supplier?

The posts from the member I was thinking of from here who used Superchips have unfortunately disappeared - but can put you in touch with him if you need further info !

S.

Last edited:
There's a guy on one of my Alfa forums who chips cars for a living.

Not sure if it's Alfas only (unlikely - very limited market), and how much he charges, etc, etc ..... I'll ask and post any responses here.

I'm also not sure if he swaps the chips over, or just re-maps your existing one.

K

Last edited:
Mine was done by http://www.mercedesperformance.co.uk.

Very noticable on the 250TD, although I think it works better on Turbo (and diesel) than petrol.

Your local Superchip people seem to be Regal Autosport (02380 791000) might be worth talking to them ?

You will also want to talk to your insurace people, and find out how much (if any) your cover will go up before you get it done.

WLeg said:
Mine was done by http://www.mercedesperformance.co.uk.

Very noticable on the 250TD, although I think it works better on Turbo (and diesel) than petrol.

Your local Superchip people seem to be Regal Autosport (02380 791000) might be worth talking to them ?

You will also want to talk to your insurace people, and find out how much (if any) your cover will go up before you get it done.

What chip did you have fitted to your 250TD? I have de-chipped mine as it is being MOT'd today, got used to it without although I do miss that extra 30bhp at times!

The reason I ask is that I find the TD Performance chip adds too much fuel/power and creates too much smoke, this is overfuelling which just wastes fuel hence my low mpg of late for short journeys. Just wondering if a different make of chip is better?

I might re-install it with a on/off switch, like a Nitrous button :D

Not 100% sure, will check the invoice, but I think it is a Superchip.

No black smoke, and "nice" in gear acceleration.
Only had the car 5 weeks before fitting, so not sure about fuel, but I'm getting about 450-550 per tank, depending on driving style, and road type. Better runs in France, where I do Calais to Grasse on a full tank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom