Superchips

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mactech

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Porsche Macan S, BMW i3
I have had good experience in the past with the tuning of diesel road cars using add-on tuning modules and a degree of success running the fastest diesel on earth. (It’s a JCB!)
On the road, my interest is really stimulated by the constant improvement in diesel refinement and reduction in fuel consumption, but I’m not saying the increase in performance is unwelcome.
Having tried a couple of different tuning modules on my E280 CDI V6 estate which did not bring the improvements I sought, I took the plunge and had the car re-mapped by Superchips. After 3000miles I now feel in a position to comment on this work.
Firstly the fuel consumption has increased from 39 to 42mpg over the last few tanks and the car now has a range of over 700 miles between fuel stops. (More than I have!)
The refinement is little changed, but as the 280 is probably the sweetest diesel engine on the market, and slightly better than its big brother the 320 (due I believe to the slightly smaller injectors giving a more precise fuel calibration), that is no real surprise.
The torque levels are now the same as the 320 but the power levels are up slightly up at 233bhp, a similar level to the S320 CDI. This translates to a 0-60 reduction from 8.1 to 6.9, but more importantly a better response and a more linier throttle input.
So in conclusion, I now have a 280 which is quicker, sweeter and more frugal than a 320 for a cost of about 20% of what Mercedes charge for the model upgrade.
Happy customer? You bet!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom