Supermarket fuel war

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

evdok

MB Enthusiast
Car
BMW 330D xDRIVE M/SPORT INDIVIDUAL
ALL MAJOR SUPERMARKETS are reducing fuel prices from tomorrow.

TESCO - P 3p / D 3p
MORRISONS - P 2p / D 2p
ASDA - P 3p / D 2p

You missed Sainsburys. Had an email about two hours ago...
Applies to my local store, but think it should be a nationwide promotion.

We've cut the price of our petrol to 133.9p per litre and diesel to 140.9p per litre, so you can fill up for less at Sainsbury's.

As an after thought, how do these prices compare to other locations, where you are?

Last edited:
Thanks for that, every little helps

Filled up at Asda High Wycombe as I was very low, 134.9 for unleaded.

It's always good when prices come down, I'm not knocking that at all.

But when it comes to putting quality fuel in my car, I'll quite happily pay more.

B-gger!

Just filled up at Tesco's, as I had a 5p per litre voucher, an empty tank, and a trip to do tomorrow.

We've cut the price of our petrol to 133.9p per litre and diesel to 140.9p per litre, so you can fill up for less at Sainsbury's.

As an after thought, how do these prices compare to other locations, where you are?

Here, Belfast, £1.42 and £1.48 respectively!

You can only fill up a Snegsbury's if your local store has a filling station. That, and the fact that Snegsbury's here have a very curtailed range of groceries in order to fit in all the cheap clothes, manky TV sets and poor quality tools, is why I worship at the Tescoid cathedral of recent times.

Here in Northampton, Morrisons have dropped price of diesel by 2p to 143.9ppl.

Saw an Asda with diesel at £1.40.9 today, everywhere else was £1.42.9 to £1.44.9

Don't know if it's regional but both my local Shells are near supermarkets with fuel, one Tesco and the other Asda, and they price match them so you can buy 'real' fuel at the cheap prices too.

Great.

£90 Shell diesel at M-way prices today, about £1.48 as I recall.

Ah well, I did have a £50 free fuel voucher.

Saw an Asda with diesel at £1.40.9 today, everywhere else was £1.42.9 to £1.44.9

Our local Asda have that price too. So if you use Asda fuel and are anywhere near J29 M6 you are less than a mile from that price. The fuel station is open 24 hrs if you use your plastic after about 9PM.

Ill check my local Esso garage for a price in the morning. They have recently been taken over by new franchise running the shop part. A Spar shop has gone in and fuel prices went up a penny a day for five days, but still Esso fuel.

Euro Garages are the new operators of the Esso near me.

Last edited:
While any reduction in fuel costs is obviously a good thing, keep in mind that a 3p per litre saving in an 80 litre tank is £2.10 so I wouldn't travel to the other side of town to save that, you'll probably use that much fuel if not more going out of your way.

Like my grandad always says, don't be penny proud but pound poor...

To be honest i don't use supermarket fuel, the post was for people who do, am i being fussy or is supermarket fuel of equal quality as say shell of whom i collect points from.

:dk:

To be honest i don't use supermarket fuel, the post was for people who do, am i being fussy or is supermarket fuel of equal quality as say shell of whom i collect points from.

I fill with either Shell or Tesco just for convenience and if anything find the Tesco diesel gives better mpg...but that might be subjective, though I think I've noticed this effect several times.

None of my cars exhibit any different traits from using Tesco fuel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom