Supportive chairs (office chairs perhaps).

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

developer

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Volvo V90 D5 AWD
I need to get my lad a supportive chair for the time he spends online.

He uses a PC on a PC desk, so we're not talking gaming chairs here.

Any recommendations please?

I couldn't find any supplier in the west midlands with much good knowledge about ergonomics and office chairs so ended up in Yorkshire (Lundia) and London (Back2). If you want to improve posture persuade him onto a Hag Capisco saddle chair but broadly Hag or Okamura are good high-end choices and RH a little cheaper. Even on Ebay you can pay around £400 for one of these secondhand. I use an Okamura mesh chair and it is very comfortable and supportive but I might try a saddle chair in future. You only have one back. Always recommend either an upright mouse or my Rollermouse with autoclick software as I have seen the pain that RSI can cause, and I also use pivoting arm supports on my desk. It may be overkill but I managed to outwit the symptoms of RSI.

I have one of these at home. Everything is adjustable, including the arms. They are best tried by your son first, as they all have different comfort levels, despite the adjustablity.

I've got a good chair at home John which I got to give me better back support as I work from home 24x7.... I will txt you a pic when home tmw....

We've had Aeron chairs at the last 2 companeis I've worked for and they are very comfortable and well made. Well worth the money if he's going to use it 8 hours a day every day. If it's just for a few college assignments or whatever, then just go to staples and get a £60 version.

The Herman Millers are the best, but not cheap. Personally I favour the cheaper Mirra over the Aeron.

You can get them for reasonable prices second hand

On a side note I did a big commercial office job about 5 years ago, and Herman Miller where supplying all the furniture and chairs, and I ended up having a lot of meeting in their european head office - the research and engineering that goes into their products was pretty mindbogling, and really opened my eyes into how you should be sitting, not just in an office but in your car etc. the main thing I took from it was not to sit with your **** bellow your knees, was amazed at how adjusting my driving position ( previously had always had the seat slammed and tilted) made for so big a difference in comfort.

Many years later I was talking to a mate of mines sister, who was a physio for the England Rugby team before moving on to the Olympic rowing squad, and she said that they tell all the athletes the same thing, to sit in the car on the way back from training in a position that keeps you knees at least on a level with your bum.

I couldn't find any supplier in the west midlands with much good knowledge about ergonomics and office chairs so ended up in Yorkshire (Lundia) and London (Back2). If you want to improve posture persuade him onto a Hag Capisco saddle chair but broadly Hag or Okamura are good high-end choices and RH a little cheaper. Even on Ebay you can pay around £400 for one of these secondhand. I use an Okamura mesh chair and it is very comfortable and supportive but I might try a saddle chair in future. You only have one back. Always recommend either an upright mouse or my Rollermouse with autoclick software as I have seen the pain that RSI can cause, and I also use pivoting arm supports on my desk. It may be overkill but I managed to outwit the symptoms of RSI.

This Company are in west midlands Total Back Care Hagley Road West 250 i think

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom