Supreme/Super diesel.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flackadder

Car
C220 Sport 125 edition Cdi Blue Efficiency 5dr Auto Diesel Estate. W204.
Seems to be getting harder to come by. Garages around this way seem to be giving up the whole idea!

Not had any trouble round my way, I have a Shell round the corner and always use their V-Power diesel. :)

You must think it is better than "ordinary" or you would not pay the extra.

I had considered using the good stuff and would love to know what improvements you notice.

Did you know that one can buy the cetane booster additive (it's called 2-EHN) and make your own?
For about 1p a litre.

Did you know that one can buy the cetane booster additive (it's called 2-EHN) and make your own?
For about 1p a litre.

The actual cost of the product is £20 per litre, the cost of "treating" a litre of fuel is a lot less.

Vpower would work out cheaper due to lack of packaging and delivery costs.

I don't think the performance is any better it just has more cleaning agents & less of the bad 'filler' additives as often used in the standard fuels as I understood it. Certainly not a bad thing but if doing low miles or you change you car often you aren't really seeing a benefit.

always have used BP ultimate ,then went to Shell V Power now using Costco Fuel thinking it would save injectors. Shame had to have one changed last week :( MPG wise no difference apart from last couple of weeks but have put that down to the winter diesel.

The actual cost of the product is £20 per litre, the cost of "treating" a litre of fuel is a lot less.

Vpower would work out cheaper due to lack of packaging and delivery costs.

Ho hum... The 'product' here costs about £7 / L and is commonly bought in 5L containers, for those that were confused.

":D"

Cannot say I have noticed any difference in performance or mpg between standard and super diesel. Not that I have been checking mpg anyways.

For me, it's the talk around that super' is better for engine...cleaners and lubricants etc, though diesel is quite well self lubricating. Not to mention that I doubt cleaners or that great at exploding anyway!

Nevertheless, i shall continue with super' versions regardless of whether it is or is not, better. I am just happier using it.

And anyway...gotta be better...it's more expensive LOL :)

And anyway...gotta be better...it's more expensive LOL :)

That's called 'Expectation Bias' - the favourite tool of marketeers - kerching:thumb:

When Mrs MJ got her Kia Diesel I was concerned about the PDF because she only does 1,000 miles a year.

The Kia forums suggested that using premium fuels will result in better burning and less particles and no DPF issues.

The annual price difference between regular and premium diesel for a car that does 1,000 miles isn't very much, so the Kia had only Shell V-Power since we got it four years ago. And indeed we had no PDF issues. But whether the two are connected or not I will never know.

Or, maybe the reason we had no issues with the car so far is simply that Kia provides 7 years warranty.....?

Doesn't 1000 miles a year in a diesel mean petrol might have been the more appropriate choice?

Definitely super, then you can absolutely, positively kill more than 12000 people a year!

Doesn't 1000 miles a year in a diesel mean petrol might have been the more appropriate choice?

Yes. And our other-halves are well known for their method of choosing stuff using cold logic, hard figures, and sound expert advice :thumb:

Or a bicycle?:D

Dog no like bicycles.... so not an option. Mrs. MJ is very attached to her little furry friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom