Surely one for Palmball

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Simon_M

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mini & Porsche
....and one to make those who bought a SLS last year weep.

Representative example - SLS AMG Coupé

24 Monthly Payments of £2,399.00
Duration of agreement 24 months
Customer Deposit. £5,000.00
Total Amount Payable £173,319.38
On the Road Price £168,395.00
Acceptance Fee £180.00
Retailer Deposit Contribution £9,043.38
Purchase Activation Fee † £95.00
Optional Purchase Payment † £101,425.00
Representative APR. 1.9% APR
Amount of Credit. £154,351.62
Fixed interest rate 1.8%

They clearly are not shifting them like they'd hoped...

Really not, at my local dealer brand new delivery mileage SLS in mystic white, red leather, upgrade wheels, ceramic brakes, carbon pack, list price of circa £180k went for £135k few weeks ago... shocking!

Yeah, Tonbridge have had a White one in for almost a year. They got really defensive about it and said they have had many white demo SLS's in the showroom.

Everyone is waiting for next big thing - SLS is soooo last year.

One thing I noticed on the shots of the SLS roadster, it has the black and white screen in the dash not the colour TFT as featured in most of the new model year cars... seems a bit odd?

Not that I don't like the SLS, I do but to me it seems overpriced and not as capable or perceived as exotic as cars from say Lamborghini or Ferrari.

One thing I noticed on the shots of the SLS roadster, it has the black and white screen in the dash not the colour TFT as featured in most of the new model year cars... seems a bit odd?

Colour screen:

13491436421117029109.jpg

....and one to make those who bought a SLS last year weep.

Representative example - SLS AMG Coupé

24 Monthly Payments of £2,399.00
Duration of agreement 24 months
Customer Deposit. £5,000.00
Total Amount Payable £173,319.38
On the Road Price £168,395.00
Acceptance Fee £180.00
Retailer Deposit Contribution £9,043.38
Purchase Activation Fee † £95.00
Optional Purchase Payment † £101,425.00
Representative APR. 1.9% APR
Amount of Credit. £154,351.62
Fixed interest rate 1.8%

They clearly are not shifting them like they'd hoped...

Its only cheap if the on the road price is discounted to the max otherwise all they are doing is offering cheap finance on an inflated price.

The people who want them can't afford them. The people who can ---don't. Its an expensive, overt, no apologies, "in your face", sports car aimed at a certain "demographic" who are perhaps looking for a slightly more sophisticated image.:dk:

It's also BIG for many European roads ! Perhaps primarily aimed at the American market where the roads and people are bigger?

Last edited:
Yes, but they won’t accept a normal size person without cramping your style, even the bloke above can hardly see out the windscreen! They are far too small inside, not to mention trying to close the door or getting your feet over the sill. Grrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Last edited:
I'd like to see the results of accidents in this car, I wonder if the American Indians would have been proud with the scalping effect of the windsreen top rail.

The car would have passed all legislative crash test for the countries that it's sold in, but would possibly not have been NCAP tested in-house since that's a consumer test.

I imagine the car is cramped to make it smaller and lighter than it otherwise would have been. A heavy super car is not something to be proud of.

Awful looking things.

Looked up close inside one at Geneva and more recently at the Cheshire show.

Outside it looks good, looks like a supercar should.

Inside its got parts for a C180 and a fair bit of plastic. Its NOT different enough inside or of a different quality to make it look 'worth' the extra imho

OK lots of cars share parts but paying £180K I wouldn't want the same bits in a reps C200 Cdi

I think the screen referred to is the small one between the dials, rather than the main screen.

Ha....have you seen the monthly payment??

To be honest, the interest is so low (£5k on over £150k's worth of finance!) so if they knocked £12-15k off the purchase price and the deposit was £10k instead of £5k then that might get the monthly payment under the £1k mark! This could then make this car a reality to a lot more people (yes, me included!) and should be where they're pitching it to get some of that stock sold.

I can't see a £2.3k monthly payment getting them volume sales they need as, if you can afford a £2.3k monthly payment, you'd have to realistically be a £150k+ pa earner in order to avoid overstretching yourself and I can't imagine there being enough of these who want a SLS to clear their current unsellable stock.

Mercedes....if you're watching, price the car realistically to enable you to do a deal that gets this to £1k mark and watch the cars fly out of showrooms!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom