Surprise after service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MilesWFB

Car
2015 C220d S205
Hello all,

Has a service last Saturday for basically only the oil, I guessing this was not their fault but the oil sump snapped in half since I think they are made of plastic, Took them until Tuesday to fix it which was a pain as I had to get a hire car. They took over the costs of the sump as I hoped they would but then when I collected the car the power steering was gone and the main headlights were on something else. The lights were always going up and down under braking, accelerating, and bumps. (the main beam was not on). I'm guessing the level sensor of the lights was not in the right position anymore and after a few days the lights just stay in the up position but full-beam kind of hight.

My question is why have they been doing something with the lights and power steering if they are only doing an oil and oil filter change?
also, is it easy to break the sump?

Thanks

Have you physically checked the arm on the suspension level sensor? They are made of plastic and often break.

As for the rest.... no idea, but by the sound of it, the only tool that the garage had was a very large hammer... :(

A shop mishap they are not telling you about!
"Just another boring day at the "office", nothing ever really happens"
TV

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I always take a photo of my mileage when I drop a car off and wrote it down on a post it and leave it on the dash. That way, hopefully there is reduced incentive to unnecessarily drive the car, and if they chuck the post it trying to be clever, I have a record anyway.

Not saying that has happened here, but I've had bad experiences with garages in the past, so I'd rather be careful

Have you physically checked the arm on the suspension level sensor? They are made of plastic and often break.
I went there today and they fixed the light issue for free and was just the level sensor that was knocked out and only needed to be put back in the right position.

At a guess I would say the car was being driven by persons unknown and hit something in the road.
I hope not but I went there today and they will fix everything for free so I guess that was ok. Don't know if it was driven by someone else but need to take note of milage next time

I always take a photo of my mileage when I drop a car off and wrote it down on a post it and leave it on the dash. That way, hopefully there is reduced incentive to unnecessarily drive the car, and if they chuck the post it trying to be clever, I have a record anyway.

Not saying that has happened here, but I've had bad experiences with garages in the past, so I'd rather be careful
Yes, only a possibility but ill be sure to do that, Went there today and they will fix everything for free so that's at least a good thing.

A shop mishap they are not telling you about!
"Just another boring day at the "office", nothing ever really happens"
TV

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
THATS MY CAR.... imagine them trying to explain something like this... that's why shops have insurance for I guess

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom