Surprise E350 and nightmare car collection scenario.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Skunkmonkey

Car
C250 cdi coupe
Drove my business partner to pick up his C350 cgi coupe yesterday. The nightmare scenario occurred. It was the wrong colour! It was the lease company's fault, not the dealer and the dealer was very good and offered us an E350 cdi coupe as a loaner for the weekend while he considered his options. Unfortunately he has too many points to be covered by the dealer insurance so I ended up with the e class while he borrowed my c250. Drove it to Manchester and will have a nice test drive back to South Wales after the game today (come on United!). First impressions are very favourable. Lovely surge of power and would have loved to spec the 350 diesel in my c class coupe had I had the option. What do you guys think he should do regards the wrong car? Options appear to be to take the wrong colour (black instead of white) and look for some sort of compensation. Or, reject the car and wait 'til march by all accounts for a new order. He's gutted. I suggested taking the car and trying a wrap. No harm done if it wears badly. Just end up with a black car again.

So your business partner ordered a 350 after you'd got your 250.

Did you have a secret snigger at his mishap - go on, tell, did you, I bet you did, didn't you, we won't say anything......;):D.

So your business partner ordered a 350 after you'd got your 250.

Did you have a secret snigger at his mishap - go on, tell, did you, I bet you did, didn't you, we won't say anything......;):D.

Skunkmonkey ticked the "Black" box... ;)

My recommendation would be to keep the black C350cgi coupe, but make a massive fuss about it so that he gets as much compensation as possible. It's a great car that he shouldn't have to wait any longer for. And black is soooo much better than the now all too common white :)

My recommendation would be to keep the black C350cgi coupe, but make a massive fuss about it so that he gets as much compensation as possible.

Typical of today's World. Anything goes as long as you get the maximum compo...

Either accept the car with a reasonable gesture or reject it and wait.

Go for maximum compensation, this type of thing should not be happening. If mine turns up wrong in any shape or form they will have to reorder period.

It's a lovely looking car in black but then I would say that. I would imagine it'll be accepted and maybe wrapped for a few months to get the white out of his system. It is his fault for ordering the 350. I told him to get the diesel but he was insistent on twin exhausts. Funny moment looking back when the dealer was convinced we were winding him up and we were convince he was winding us up over the wrong colour.

The e350 on the long run home was lovely. Worried it might take the shine off my c250 when I swap them back though

I don't think it will, you'll find that on spirited driving the lighter front end of your C will be easier to throw in to corners than the slightly heavier E. (ps. should have been 7-1 yesterday!)

Dr-Nab said:
I don't think it will, you'll find that on spirited driving the lighter front end of your C will be easier to throw in to corners than the slightly heavier E. (ps. should have been 7-1 yesterday!)

I hope you're right about the car; you are about the score.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom