Surprised? You betcha!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sportyreptile, Mar 20, 2004.

1. sportyreptile

sportyreptile Active Member

Car:
    96 W210 E36 AMG
    Had to take the car to the garage today cos the brakes have been feeling a bit strange - noisy and a slight judder thru the peddle when braking hard.

Found Stuttgart Garage in Pontypridd (just north of Cardiff), popped in this morning, the chap there, Kevin, checked it all over - work required -

Replacement rear disks, pads and shoes
    New sensors in front calipers
    New stearing Damper

This took him just over an hour, the bill - £160 inc VAT. i was getting ready to have kittens but was well surprised.

He showed around the underside of the car pointing out some future work that needs attention:-

front diff oil seal
    Steering Idler bushes
    The undertray or (sumpguard in rallying terms) is missing.

Well, that's all to do in the near future.

They are friendly. play excellent Motown music ( Martha and the Vandellas)and had a nice cup of tea. I hoping to get further discount by acting as consierge to other customers - but kev was having none of it.

In fact or more pleasant way to empty your wallet I could not imagine.

Oh yeah, brakes and stearing now feel excellent.

:)

Stuttgart Garage
    Unit1
    Factory Lane
    Graig
    Pontypridd
    CF37 1LH

01443 401838
    www.stuttgartgarage.co.uk

PS, I'm not on commission - but I might ask.

2. Philirv

Philirv Active Member

Car:
    Mercedes Benz W124 E280 Auto
    That's a really good price, the steering damper alone can be 40 quid depending on the stealer.

3. Pringles

Pringles Active Member

Car:
    Searching for another
    That is such a good price , I would consider travelling from the South Coast with the wife, 3 kids, rabbit, 2 guinea pigs, assorted soft toys ......................spending a couple of days in South Wales .

On second thoughts, I could leave the wife, 3 screaming kids, pets , sticky sweets and travel there myself and get a service and peace all in the price, that is a deal !!!!!!!!!

4. Kinky

Kinky MB Enthusiast

yes but - whilst you might save a fortune on servicing, parts and labour .... you'd lose the same amount (if not more) with all the speed camera fines you'd get, points on your license and therefore increased insurance premiums, etc, etc ..... thanks to Herr Brumstroppy.

5. OP
    OP
    sportyreptile

sportyreptile Active Member

Car:
    96 W210 E36 AMG
    You know when your in Wales, not the incessant rain, or the wonderful countryside but the hordes of speed cameras along all major trunk routes - most of them mobile. They do have some favourite spots, which you get to know. Go by the back roads, little traffic and no cameras - :D

If your bringing your family go to Cardiff - lots to see and do. If your on your own - go to Cardiff - lots of places to drink yourself silly. :bannana:

6. Serpico

Serpico New Member

Car:
    450SE
    Stay out of Wales especially Flintshire their Chief Constable, Brunstrom, is an absolute nutter and anti Motorist/Motorcyclist freak there are so many Gatsos you could lose your licenc in one trip