Surprised? You betcha!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sportyreptile

Car
96 W210 E36 AMG
Had to take the car to the garage today cos the brakes have been feeling a bit strange - noisy and a slight judder thru the peddle when braking hard.

Found Stuttgart Garage in Pontypridd (just north of Cardiff), popped in this morning, the chap there, Kevin, checked it all over - work required -

Replacement rear disks, pads and shoes
New sensors in front calipers
New stearing Damper

This took him just over an hour, the bill - £160 inc VAT. i was getting ready to have kittens but was well surprised.

He showed around the underside of the car pointing out some future work that needs attention:-

front diff oil seal
Steering Idler bushes
The undertray or (sumpguard in rallying terms) is missing.

Well, that's all to do in the near future.

They are friendly. play excellent Motown music ( Martha and the Vandellas)and had a nice cup of tea. I hoping to get further discount by acting as consierge to other customers - but kev was having none of it.

In fact or more pleasant way to empty your wallet I could not imagine.

Oh yeah, brakes and stearing now feel excellent.

:)

Stuttgart Garage
Unit1
Factory Lane
Graig
Pontypridd
CF37 1LH

01443 401838
www.stuttgartgarage.co.uk

PS, I'm not on commission - but I might ask.

That's a really good price, the steering damper alone can be 40 quid depending on the stealer.

That is such a good price , I would consider travelling from the South Coast with the wife, 3 kids, rabbit, 2 guinea pigs, assorted soft toys ......................spending a couple of days in South Wales .

On second thoughts, I could leave the wife, 3 screaming kids, pets , sticky sweets and travel there myself and get a service and peace all in the price, that is a deal !!!!!!!!!

yes but - whilst you might save a fortune on servicing, parts and labour .... you'd lose the same amount (if not more) with all the speed camera fines you'd get, points on your license and therefore increased insurance premiums, etc, etc ..... thanks to Herr Brumstroppy.

You know when your in Wales, not the incessant rain, or the wonderful countryside but the hordes of speed cameras along all major trunk routes - most of them mobile. They do have some favourite spots, which you get to know. Go by the back roads, little traffic and no cameras - :D

If your bringing your family go to Cardiff - lots to see and do. If your on your own - go to Cardiff - lots of places to drink yourself silly. :bannana:

Stay out of Wales especially Flintshire their Chief Constable, Brunstrom, is an absolute nutter and anti Motorist/Motorcyclist freak there are so many Gatsos you could lose your licenc in one trip

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom