Surrey Rolling Road

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mercy Me

Car
C63 AMG PP
Took my C63 AMG PP down to Surrey Rolling Road in Farnborough this morning to check its power output prior to getting a remap done.

The factory figures are 487bhp for my model but it showed 528bhp on the dyno, which according to Charlie the operator, indicates that it has already been remapped! I thought it was flipping fast!!

Good service from Charlie and his colleague and only £40, which includes the print out!

Thats a good price for a RR, I've heard of them guys before too. Nice result :)

Took my C63 AMG PP down to Surrey Rolling Road in Farnborough this morning to check its power output prior to getting a remap done.

The factory figures are 487bhp for my model but it showed 528bhp on the dyno, which according to Charlie the operator, indicates that it has already been remapped! I thought it was flipping fast!!

Good service from Charlie and his colleague and only £40, which includes the print out!

Hi can I ask if you have other mods or is that just a map?

The Pp c63 has approx 500bhp from factory and 520/530 is normal after a decent remap.

^ Have you now got to declare to the insurance company that its modified (eg remapped)?

I have had lots of fun with Charlie, at Surrey RR at his original location during the development of my own E55, fun days, including the first visits of Jerry of EC US, all orchestrated at that time by Sav Man, met lots of the forum guys there, then went on to be in a mag shot with Paul with both our cars, Pauls car being faster than mine at the time, but very enjoyable day and great times were had at SRR, but since then very sadly, those times are interceded with the Euro Charge performance UK fiasco, to which myself, and subsequently many others were not treated well, as one gets older and records and appreciate the great times, they were good, but as said, laterally it was something best forgotten, sadly:(:(

^ Have you now got to declare to the insurance company that its modified (eg remapped)?

Yes, have done so.

I am with LV who are ok with most modifications and have charged me an extra £39 for the remainder of my term (about 9 months).

I have had lots of fun with Charlie, at Surrey RR at his original location during the development of my own E55, fun days, including the first visits of Jerry of EC US, all orchestrated at that time by Sav Man, met lots of the forum guys there, then went on to be in a mag shot with Paul with both our cars, Pauls car being faster than mine at the time, but very enjoyable day and great times were had at SRR, but since then very sadly, those times are interceded with the Euro Charge performance UK fiasco, to which myself, and subsequently many others were not treated well, as one gets older and records and appreciate the great times, they were good, but as said, laterally it was something best forgotten, sadly:(:(

I'm assume you're referring to the Watford workshop...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom