Suspected Suicide bomber shot and killed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Indeed, Peter ...

"Armed police surround surrond mosque in East London" ... blimey, it's all kicking off now :crazy:

I wondered yesterday what would have been the reaction of the crowd had they caught them at the scene. Say someone managed to grab hold of the individuals before the police arrived.

I'm willing to be he'd be nursing a few bruises and quite likely not be producing any offspring in the near future.

Just saw an interview with a guy who 'helped' one of the failed bombers yesterday , he said :-

' I feel a bit naive now but at the time i thought he had had an aerosol can explode in his rucksack so i helped him out....... '

What a plum...... :rolleyes:

With regards to the shooting of the chap on the train, desperate times call for desperate measures, the police were plain clothes armed with handguns and and MP5's apparently. The guy was tailed and given an order to stop, he ran and was dropped. Fair enough. No more details yet.

No doubt the do gooders will be on telly later denouncing the police and protesting against the violation of his human rights ;) , i expect the muslim council will be on later moaning too...

At the end of the day, i'm sure the police aren't just running around shooting any asian people with rucksacks that they come across, this guy will have been shot for a reason .....

Rant over ..... :)

Does anyone think that we have now arrived at and maybe gone beyond what is often reffered to in the media as a 'Defining Moment'?.

Looking on the BBC News web page (Officers unload firearm five times into....) it would seem that no police officer is as yet authorised to shoot to kill but clearly someone is.

Fight fire with fire?, I say yes with a capital 'Y' but things will never be the same again now will they?.

Portzy.

Edit:- Just seen Howards post which leap-frogged mine. I'm not criticising the 'officers' btw, its all just so 'no way back' and where and when will it all end?

Last edited:
shooting

my thoughts are with the officer who shot the (potential) terrorist,hope he/her has the full support of councillors and is having a nice sweet cup of tea, and chatting confidently with his or her colleagues. and full support for the officers family afterwards.......

Howard said:
No doubt the do gooders will be on telly later denouncing the police and protesting against the violation of his human rights
If the bombers blew up the do gooders that would solve two problems....

portzy said:
Looking on the BBC News web page (Officers unload firearm five times into....)
Bad reporting, what they meant was DISCHARGED firearm five times.

The more the Police catch the better for us all.

Well, HE won't be doing that again, will he?
Les

Howard said:
With regards to the shooting of the chap on the train, desperate times call for desperate measures, the police were plain clothes armed with handguns and and MP5's apparently. The guy was tailed and given an order to stop, he ran and was dropped. Fair enough. No more details yet.

Spot on, we're not dealing with a few unruly yobs that can be settled down with an ASBO. I dont like the idea of police or any other security services shooting people on the streets but I firmly believe this character deserved what he got simply because I refuse to believe they would have shot someone in that manner if they could have arrested him SAFELY

Howard said:
No doubt the do gooders will be on telly later denouncing the police and protesting against the violation of his human rights ;) , i expect the muslim council will be on later moaning too...
:)

They already are. BBC Link

Muslims 'jumpy'

"It implies that the police knew who he was, it also implies that they considered him an immediate threat to life, under which circumstances they must try and kill somebody...you must shoot to kill."

But MCB has urged the police to explain why the man - said to be of Asian appearance - was shot dead.

Spokesman Inayat Bunglawala said Muslims he had spoken to this morning were "jumpy and nervous".

"I have just had one phone call saying, 'what if I was carrying a rucksack?'.

"There may well be reasons why the police felt it necessary to unload five shots into the man and shoot him dead, but they need to make those reasons clear," he said.

"We are getting phone calls from quite a lot of Muslims who are distressed about what may be a shoot to kill policy."

Jesus - what a crock of s**t

Bet they 're not as jumpy as all the citizens of London who are terrified to get on a train now.....

I've got the offer to bring a £3/4 million boat upriver from St Katherines on Sunday, normally i would jump at the chance, but i'm not going into Central London on the tube at the moment , simply because the risk versus reward just isn't worth it .... those people that have to go up every day to work, god knows how they must be feeling.

if the guy was being chased by police, refused to stop etc etc and they had good reason to believe he was a threat (apparently he had wires coming out of his rucksack), then the officers concerned did the best thing they could have done.

what are they supposed to do? wait until he triggers the bomb?

all these 'do gooders' should face up to the fact that if someone is posing a threat and not obeying police instructions then they will be shot. these 'do gooders' would be the 1st to condem the police if the guy escaped onto a train and let of a bomb when the police had a chance to stop him.

Howard said:
Spokesman Inayat Bunglawala said Muslims he had spoken to this morning were "jumpy and nervous".

"I have just had one phone call saying, 'what if I was carrying a rucksack?'.

don't carry a rucksack then :)

Really , isnt it about time they ban rucksacks from trains and busses ?

fuzzer said:
don't carry a rucksack then :)

Really , isnt it about time they ban rucksacks from trains and busses ?

they would just use something else :( laptop bags et al

I listened to a report on my way home this morning. Aparantly the person doing the shooting was from a Military Establishment in Hereford. They get their orders to "deal" from the very top.

Lates news says that he wasn't a bomber after all. Why didn't he stop when ordered? He must have been up to something dodgy.

If a copper with a gun tells me to stop, I stop.

they should issue people with plastic carry/back bags to put your stuff in when going ion the tube..... if u dont have one of these then u will be searched.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom