Suspended sentence for mechanic who scammed customers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Think he should have been banged up instead of a suspended sentence. Seems like he's got away with it

Think he should have been banged up instead of a suspended sentence. Seems like he's got away with it

That might make you feel better, but is it really an intelligent way of spending
£40K a year? That figure is two years old. Also, bear in mind each prisoner place has an initial start up cost of £120,000

I'd have them cleaning sewers for benefit minus 20%, with curfew and movement restrictions.

Personally I'd keep Prison for violence against the person crimes.

"Cambridgeshire County Council’s Head of Supporting Businesses and Communities Nikki Pasek said: “This is another excellent example of joint working between our Trading Standards Officers and the police, and it gives a clear message that rogue trading will not be tolerated in our county.” "

After years of scamming customers (for a lot more than the £30,000 that the police bothered to find) and a full 16 months after his arrest the guy got a suspended sentence and walked out of court.

I think Cambridge County Council's "Head of Supporting Businesses and Communities" needs to extract her head from her backside.

"Cambridgeshire County Council’s Head of Supporting Businesses and Communities Nikki Pasek said: “This is another excellent example of joint working between our Trading Standards Officers and the police, and it gives a clear message that rogue trading will not be tolerated in our county.” "

After years of scamming customers (for a lot more than the £30,000 that the police bothered to find) and a full 16 months after his arrest the guy got a suspended sentence and walked out of court.

I think Cambridge County Council's "Head of Supporting Businesses and Communities" needs to extract her head from her backside.

Credit where credit's due, this sort of stuff happens on a daily basis up and down the country, but rarely gets any action.

One guy I know of got scammed out of an SL60, many others were too. Police response? Civil matter, no action.

There's a guy in our local press who's been done for test driving cars he found on Autotrader, but not bringing them back :crazy:.

That might make you feel better, but is it really an intelligent way of spending
£40K a year? That figure is two years old. Also, bear in mind each prisoner place has an initial start up cost of £120,000

I'd have them cleaning sewers for benefit minus 20%, with curfew and movement restrictions.

Personally I'd keep Prison for violence against the person crimes.

Is really a 'bottom line' issue? I would humbly suggest that criminals be locked up for a very long time, regardless of cost because all of the time they are inside, they cannot prey on other innocent people.

This country has tried the 'liberal' approach since the seventies when the bleeding hearts successfully argued for rehabilitation over punishment.

HOWEVER, your idea for sewer cleaning and curfew has merit………..may be expand it to supervised work groups cleaning graffiti off walls and chewing gum of pavements. Or cutting lawns with nail scissors.

HOWEVER, your idea for sewer cleaning and curfew has merit………..may be expand it to supervised work groups cleaning graffiti off walls and chewing gum of pavements. Or cutting lawns with nail scissors.

I must have read a different article. He has got to do 200 Hrs community service.
Isn't that just what you are proposing?

It happens all the time.

The man that deliberately ran me over got a Police caution.

I must have read a different article. He has got to do 200 Hrs community service.

Sort of. Except for the community service being notoriously easy and wishy washy.

I was thinking more along the lines of unmet work targets attracting more punishment and non-attendance immediate jail sentence.

Didn't explain further in my initial post as I thought it obvious that because my stand on criminals and punishment was so far right as to require the Hubble telescope to see my position, if community service was deemed suitable, then it should be hard, relentless and severe.

Last edited:
Dieselman said:
It happens all the time. The man that deliberately ran me over got a Police caution.

Piloting a c63 amg by any chance?

Was it someone from this Board? :ban: :D:D

Bizzarely, not...!

Someone had a bit of a road rage moment, after threatening to get out of the car and Fkn decking me, I offered to call the Police...so he ran me over and drove off.

Bizzarely, not...!

Someone had a bit of a road rage moment, after threatening to get out of the car and Fkn decking me, I offered to call the Police...so he ran me over and drove off.

What car was he driving :D

Sorry, couldn't resist that

Ish...But I don't think sewer cleaning, curfews and benefit reductions are part of the community service package.

Not yet.

...spending £40K a year? That figure is two years old. Also, bear in mind each prisoner place has an initial start up cost of £120,000

It's fairly easy to spot the real problem with the prison service here. Should be a fraction of the cost.

Should be jailed for many years (start with 10) so other victims are saved the grief.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom