suspension clunk noise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My '14 C63 does the same when starting off in forward direction with full lock. Is this likely to be the same problem?

I’m having a similar issue with my ‘00 SL320 - horrible clunk on the near side when reversing off the drive, and subsequent clunks when driving off. Not always on full lock but close enough. It does tend to ease off when the car has been driven for a while. Garage have changed bushes and wheel bearings but the clunk was still there (and it actually sounded worse when I picked it up Thursday.)
Interesting to hear the tyres may be the culprit and I’ll definitely look into that next. I do have it booked back in at the garage next week so maybe I’ll mention it if they can’t find anything else that looks knackered.

I’m having a similar issue with my ‘00 SL320 - horrible clunk on the near side when reversing off the drive, and subsequent clunks when driving off. Not always on full lock but close enough. It does tend to ease off when the car has been driven for a while. Garage have changed bushes and wheel bearings but the clunk was still there (and it actually sounded worse when I picked it up Thursday.)
Interesting to hear the tyres may be the culprit and I’ll definitely look into that next. I do have it booked back in at the garage next week so maybe I’ll mention it if they can’t find anything else that looks knackered.
Update: the culprit was play in the steering box. Some minor adjustments to the lock stops and along with the other changes mentioned, she now drives like new :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom