Suspension Sphere

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Iain430

Car
1999 E430 Avantgarde Estate
Need to replace rear Suspension Sphere on my 1999 E430 estate is it a easy job to do,some tips would be grateful cheers

I have just done mine on 98 W210 E 300 estate. not difficult. Drain the hydraulic reservoir by the washer bottle I have a sealey vacccum device which I also use for oil changing. Jack and prop car rear wheels off. put drip tray on floor under sphere , about 20cc of fuid will dribble out. Disconnect hydraulic lines two on each sphere one is like a brake line the other is larger and connected to the shock. Remove 3 10mm nuts holding the sphere to bracket remove sphere. reasembly is reverse procedure no jointing or washers required and refill the hydraulic reservior. Car takes a few miles to settle down and mine stopped frantic rocking which was an improvement.

Give me a nod if you need some, I am sure I have some on the shelf at work new and unused!
Cheers, 01302-623-293

Franey I see you have a 124 300d. I am in the process of eradicating all the air leak possibilities into fuel lines on a w210 300td and heard the W124 diesel is fitted with a non return valve in the fuel " return line to the tank " I find it hard to believe a non retrun valve can work in a return line ! but dealer confirms such valve is fitted his diagram is useless. The concept being that if fuel cannot flow back to the tank then air will not be sucked in by the gravity pull. I have bought the valve. If the non return was on a T and acted to vent the return line then perhaps it would have the desired effect. Do you have any ideas on this please thanks in anticipation - peapod

Hi PP
Not sure re the valve but mine has just had a problem with the four fuel lines and seals letting air in, maybe you should look at these first?
B

cheers all have just ordered some from mister-auto.co.uk £56.74 each they are made by FEBI BILSTEIN will have a go at fitting them next week.

most things i change on the car get thrown in the shed and saved for a rainy day. which means they be in the shed for 5 to 6 years then thrown away and 1 week later something will go on the car and wish id kept them !

cheers all have just ordered some from mister-auto.co.uk £56.74 each they are made by FEBI BILSTEIN will have a go at fitting them next week.

Hi iain

Did you check on our website? I'd be interested to see the price comparison,

Patrick

I've just had a mail from Iain who has kindly offered us some feedback.

It appears the the site he purchased from also add a £5.95 carriage charge, which brings their total to £3.29 MORE than EuroCarParts.

sphere.jpg

What's done, is done, however I hope all forum members are aware of the discount and service we offer :)

Either way, Thats one more 210 back on the road! :D

Patrick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom