Suspension swap from C43 to C240T

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRBC43AMG

MB Enthusiast
Car
2013 C63 AMG coupe "T-Rex", 1999 C43 AMG saloon "Grandma" (sold), Ultima Sports Can-Am (sold)
I am about to install a KW Variant 2 suspension set up on my 99' C43 :) As the suspension which is being removed is still decent, I am wondering if I could transfer the AMG suspension to my trusty 98' C240T. The suspension on the estate is getting a bit soft and the missus says the car drives like a boat :eek:
I am sure this would stiffen things up a bit. I may have to play around with the pads to get a decent looking height. Your thoughts?

You might (and I use this term loosely) be able to swap the shocks. The springs wont work because they'd be for a heavier engine.

C43 suspension will fit any 202 chassis, though if the springs are used the ride hieght will be altered as all the engines are lighter though the straight six only marginally.
The shocks are supposed to be shortened stroke on the 43, but I,m pretty sure they will be ok though the ride might be rather unforgiving.

Thanks for the replies. Concerning the engine, I agree, the 240 (V6) is lighter than the 43 V8, so spring rates could be a problem. Perhaps the shocks could work... albeit shorter than the ones on the 240.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom