Suspension system

Shadowlord

is the amg suspension system better than the one that i have on my clk which has the avant garde sport suspension. Cheers.

Shude

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
CLK55 AMG
It depends what you mean by "better". It will be slightly stiffer and slightly lower :)

Flyer

MB Enthusiast
Car
Ford Mustang GT
I had a trip down to my parent's house in Saundersfoot, West Wales at the weekend. Coming back, we took the "mountain" route, basically up the middle of Wales. Lots of twisting mountain roads, especially between Builth Wells and Newtown. I had a Citroen MPV behind (not sure what it was but bigger than a Picasso). I could easily pull away on the straights, but on the bends, forget about it :crazy: . Couldn't believe it, how embarrassing :confused: . Must have been a Citroen rally recce vehicle, tuned by Prodrive ;).

I did have a boot full of stuff and was totally loaded up (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :D ). I also had my daughter in the back who was violently sick as we came down into Newtown :eek: . Must have tried too hard :devil: .

Anyway, I've always said that my suspension was too soft (and I have the "Sport" suspension), so I am looking at fitting a set of CLK55 AMG anti-roll (sway in the American vernacular) bars.

Hopefully, that will cure the sickness and make sure that, next time, I can out-run a Nova :D .

Cheers

Andrew

GrahamC230K

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A3 & S4 quattro
I should hope the AMG setup is just right.

I agree my Sport setup is soggy too. I liked the M-Tec stuff I had on my old 3-Series, now that was nice, if a little harsh.

RichardM

MB Enthusiast
Car
2011 CLS350 CDI
Maybe the Citroen driver was just a nutter who was taking more risks and driving the car on its limits!

Guy

Car
Maserati Quattroporte : Brabus A200CDi D3 : E300TDT
Originally posted by Shadowlord
is the amg suspension system better than the one that i have on my clk which has the avant garde sport suspension. Cheers.

Yes, it is 'better' in that you get less roll, dive and squat, and probably less (but still quite a lot) of understeer. The AMG suspension is a comfortable and safe compromise - not 'track day' like an M3 - depends what you want.

If you want something sharper, I suggest you compare the price of an AMG set-up with a Carlsson one.

The new Carlsson RS suspension (sadly don't think its available for all models) is very highly recommended, even on AMG cars!

Link to Carlsson stuff below. :)

Birds UK

Alps

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E55 2004 Silver(SOLD), E63 Weistec AMG(SOLD), E55 2004 Silver(SOLD), C36 AMG 1997 (SOLD)
I agree with guy, AMG suspension is alot better than even the standard sport suspension.... although you can get a little better, hence i am changing my springs to the H&R ones they make for the C36, although the dealers are having problems locating a set for me at the mo!

Guy

Car
Hi Alps,

Don't know if you've seen this thread, makes interesting reading about improving AMG suspension!

Cheers

Shude

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
CLK55 AMG
Originally posted by Guy
Don't know if you've seen this thread, makes interesting reading about improving AMG suspension!
That's more like a replacement rather than an improvement. I wonder if there is a fitment for the 202.024 :)

Guy

Car
Originally posted by Shude
I wonder if there is a fitment for the 202.024 :)

I think so .... Link

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom