Suspension system

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shadowlord

is the amg suspension system better than the one that i have on my clk which has the avant garde sport suspension. Cheers.

It depends what you mean by "better". It will be slightly stiffer and slightly lower :)

I had a trip down to my parent's house in Saundersfoot, West Wales at the weekend. Coming back, we took the "mountain" route, basically up the middle of Wales. Lots of twisting mountain roads, especially between Builth Wells and Newtown. I had a Citroen MPV behind (not sure what it was but bigger than a Picasso). I could easily pull away on the straights, but on the bends, forget about it :crazy: . Couldn't believe it, how embarrassing :confused: . Must have been a Citroen rally recce vehicle, tuned by Prodrive ;).

I did have a boot full of stuff and was totally loaded up (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :D ). I also had my daughter in the back who was violently sick as we came down into Newtown :eek: . Must have tried too hard :devil: .

Anyway, I've always said that my suspension was too soft (and I have the "Sport" suspension), so I am looking at fitting a set of CLK55 AMG anti-roll (sway in the American vernacular) bars.

Hopefully, that will cure the sickness and make sure that, next time, I can out-run a Nova :D .

Cheers

Andrew

I should hope the AMG setup is just right.

I agree my Sport setup is soggy too. I liked the M-Tec stuff I had on my old 3-Series, now that was nice, if a little harsh.

Maybe the Citroen driver was just a nutter who was taking more risks and driving the car on its limits!

Originally posted by Shadowlord
is the amg suspension system better than the one that i have on my clk which has the avant garde sport suspension. Cheers.

Yes, it is 'better' in that you get less roll, dive and squat, and probably less (but still quite a lot) of understeer. The AMG suspension is a comfortable and safe compromise - not 'track day' like an M3 - depends what you want.

If you want something sharper, I suggest you compare the price of an AMG set-up with a Carlsson one.

The new Carlsson RS suspension (sadly don't think its available for all models) is very highly recommended, even on AMG cars!

Link to Carlsson stuff below. :)

Birds UK

I agree with guy, AMG suspension is alot better than even the standard sport suspension.... although you can get a little better, hence i am changing my springs to the H&R ones they make for the C36, although the dealers are having problems locating a set for me at the mo!

Hi Alps,

Don't know if you've seen this thread, makes interesting reading about improving AMG suspension!

Cheers

Originally posted by Guy
Don't know if you've seen this thread, makes interesting reading about improving AMG suspension!
That's more like a replacement rather than an improvement. I wonder if there is a fitment for the 202.024 :)

Originally posted by Shude
I wonder if there is a fitment for the 202.024 :)

I think so .... Link

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom