Suspension up and down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kcsun

Car
SL63 AMG, GLE 350de, RS4
My SL63 has an ability to raise and lower the front suspension by 50mm using the "in dash" menu. The problem is that by the time I have accessed the menu found the setting and then altered it the speed bump is a mile behind me!!!!

Is there a way of making it a "quick one button" press???

kc

Isn't it to be used at 70mph to make the car more streamline for better mpg. Don't think its to turn the car into a monster truck.

Oh, I thought it was for speed bumps???

kc

My 2004 SL has a button on the centre console that raises and lowers the suspension.

Its the one top left.......

0.jpg

Wish i had that button, 2019 SL's don't have a simple button

kc

Can't you program the star button for single click? Assuming you have the star button on the console?

I do have a star button though. How do I programme it or do I get the book out 👓

kc

looks possible, will go outside a bit later and attempt programming it

kc

No it cannot be programmed to the "star" button
kc

No it cannot be programmed to the "star" button
kc
Sorry, worth a try though.

My SL63 has an ability to raise and lower the front suspension by 50mm using the "in dash" menu. The problem is that by the time I have accessed the menu found the setting and then altered it the speed bump is a mile behind me!!!!

Is there a way of making it a "quick one button" press???

kc
Hi kc, so I mostly have my dash display on the trip meter display. From this I tap the left menu button 5 times then ok button twice and it raises the suspension. My r230 did have the button on the console which is easier but meant briefly looking down to press it. My r231 I have, eventually, Sussex and don’t need to take my eyes off the road. If you are in an area with a lot of speed humps just leave the display on the raise suspension and simply press ok when needed up or down. Hope this helps.
Pete

Hi kc, so I mostly have my dash display on the trip meter display. From this I tap the left menu button 5 times then ok button twice and it raises the suspension. My r230 did have the button on the console which is easier but meant briefly looking down to press it. My r231 I have, eventually, Sussex and don’t need to take my eyes off the road. If you are in an area with a lot of speed humps just leave the display on the raise suspension and simply press ok when needed up or down. Hope this helps.
Pete
Sussed 🤬

Thanks Pete for your advice, will give it a go later. Yes my display is usually on the trip as well, as you say if driving in town it may be better just to leave it on the "raise/lower" page all the time

kc

Its a backward step not to simply have a button somewhere on the dash/console that can be pressed in an instant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom