Suspension

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Leesc250

Car
c63
Hi i have a 2014 w204 c250 coupe amg sport ive had the car over 6 months now it ticks all the boxes but carnt believe how soft the suspension is on it. im looking at replacing the suspension is it the shocks or springs that are soft. I'm looking at bilstein shocks with ibach springs any help would be appreciated.thanks

Hi i have a 2014 w204 c250 coupe amg sport ive had the car over 6 months now it ticks all the boxes but carnt believe how soft the suspension is on it. im looking at replacing the suspension is it the shocks or springs that are soft. I'm looking at bilstein shocks with ibach springs any help would be appreciated.thanks
@Gazwould knows the odd thing about suspension

What size wheels and tyres do you have on the car ? Odd because quite a few people complain the the sport suspension on non 'full blown' AMG line cars can feel quite harsh.

What are you comparing it to ?

What size wheels and tyres do you have on the car ? Odd because quite a few people complain the the sport suspension on non 'full blown' AMG line cars can feel quite harsh.

I remember looking up the part numbers for the Eibach Bilstein combination should I have a spring snap one day .

The noted ride quality could be the springs as Eibach gave a wire thickness and measuring with some calipers oe AMG Sport on mine were thicker , Eibach will have a cleaver way of using a thinner wire wound either progressively or linear but provide a more supple but sporty ride .

They do but there is always the possibility of a non DampMatic damper change .

They do but there is always the possibility of a non DampMatic damper change .
You could have a point as the OP in reporting soft suspension, which is unlikely on that car if it is original....

Hi 225/40zr18 on fronts rears are 255/35 zr18 with 10mm spacers all round.

I have fitted bilstein b4 dampmatic on 2 w212 estates- front and rear
i had the same issue-very soft bouncy car and nose diving when braking ! i replaced them all on same day and WOW what a difference it made
i had 126k on my car and 170k on my brother car when i replaced the shock absorbers

the cars feels much more controlled and has a TIGHT controlled bounce rather than a stiff feeling - definitely no floppyness like with the old shockers

the fronts ones on 170k were original sachs from factory-they bounced up quick when i tested them but they were very easy to compress

now after doing 10k miles on my bilsteins, they have softened a tiny bit but its still like new

I got here via Googling shock absorbers for my 2013 X218 with AMG Sport suspension, trying to find out if I have Dampmatic. It sounds (and feels) like I do. The archived online brochure says it has a 'unique damping system' which I presume is Dampmatic..?

Dampmatic is a term used by bilstein... it's a normal shock absorber otherwise. Airmatic is what mercedes have when they have aur struts

Hi KingKhan - this post came up whilst searching. Thinking of a damper refresh of my E350 wagon, your the only person who I can find has done it. Had great experience on other cars, replacing worn OEM with new OEM spec, sounds like you have had similar.

How are you getting on - still happy?

Do you know the p/ns you used in the end?

Dampmatic is a term used by bilstein... it's a normal shock absorber otherwise. Airmatic is what mercedes have when they have aur struts
Hi KingKhan - this post came up whilst searching. Thinking of a damper refresh of my E350 wagon, your the only person who I can find has done it. Had great experience on other cars, replacing worn OEM with new OEM spec, sounds like you have had similar.

Hi bro
Ye after 15k miles and approx 1 yr its running nice.the shockers have softened a little and "bedded in"

Still held good and very controlledi would definitely recommend it. Im here if you want any advice.i can send you ky personal number and talk you through it if you do decide to give it a go :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom