SUV Explosion

flowrider

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
SL500 (R230) / Audi S5
I've owned four 4x4, I've always thought SUV's were the jacked up 2wd 4x4 lookalike ;).

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
2009 Mercedes ML320
2012 Mercedes ML350

The Jeeps were most fun as I was a member of a Jeep club and took them to offroad events (both had all terrain tyres), the MB's were great as comfortable all purpose daily runabouts. I would have another 4x4 but I think choosing would be a bit of an issue given I have no clue what I would like. :)

horatio

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLK, 190E
I have a soft spot for the old ZJ/WJ Grand Cherokee. The diesel with the 2.7 om612/Merc auto would make vague sense if you could find one in decent condition?

Skd884

MB Enthusiast
Car
A handful of Amg v8s.
Horrid huge ugly heavy things, hope to never own one.

A.J.

Car
2017 C200 2ltr (Petrol) ///AMG Line, Premium 4dr. 9G. Brilliant Blue with Alpaca trim
They are not for me, rather have a proper three box saloon any day :)

flowrider

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
SL500 (R230) / Audi S5
I have a soft spot for the old ZJ/WJ Grand Cherokee. The diesel with the 2.7 om612/Merc auto would make vague sense if you could find one in decent condition?
I preferred the WJ to the WK. I had the 2.7 CRD. That Jeep literally would go anywhere and it wasn't even lifted.

Oli

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A5 3.0 TDI Quattro
There's a couple across the road from me. He's got a Range Rover, she's got a Lexus 4WD something-or-other. No kids, no dogs. A couple of doors down is a new family with Passat CC (never used) and a Q8. The latter is regularly used to ferry one adult plus their only child round London. Also no dogs involved. They're all quite young, too.

It's like a mini UN convoy when they all set off.
I don’t think the UN would risk using a Range Rover :p .

Cmonyoureds

Car
C63 W205
Our first SUV was the diesel version of the SQ5, coming out of an Audi A6 Avant 2.0 multitronic it was a big step up ( see what I did there! ) Wife really liked it, especially the driving position. We chopped it in for a 530d touring which was a big mistake, wife really missed the higher driving position of the SUV, so after only having the 530 for 2 years we chopped it in for an X4 M40i, it’s a very capable family car and performance wise it’s decent too.......it’s just not near as much fun as my C63!

fredfoxuk2

Car
CLA 200 Coupe (C118)
My wife has a blue badge, uses a walking stick and has done for 15 years or so (she's only in her mid 50's :( ). Shes got a GLA (on her 2nd one in 4 year), because she can step in and out of it rather than sitting down and standing up as you do in a "normal" car.
She does not like being in my CLA as it's so low and difficult to get in and out of, she sort of drops into the seat :)

OP
OP
Benz17

Benz17

Car
E350d AMG Premium (W213)
I don’t think the UN would risk using a Range Rover :p .
Are Range Rovers really as bad as people suggest, they look really good, but are they just style over substance.

Dickster

Car
SL55
Are Range Rovers really as bad as people suggest, they look really good, but are they just style over substance.
They do look great. I think you need to be careful what model you go for. I have a mate that has leased them for years and had some major issues - one had to be replaced and another recently had a new engine 😳

another friend had an early sport as a company car and loved it so much he bought it from the company.

my local garage has told me some horror stories about relatively new cars, leaking windscreens and engine problems. The 3.6 V8 diesel though appears to have great reviews and would be the one I would go for..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom