Suzuki Alto more reliable then Merc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

maha

Car
Suzuki Alto
Hi All,

My merc is causing me headache only after 3 months of having it and my family is using our Suzuki Alto which is 2 years older to get us around as its so reliable.

This reminds me of my dads 190e and brand new e-class. We have always had a Suzuki alto and our mercs were always less reliable then that car it never ever broke.

The basic car prevails over the prestige.

Mate who told you Mercs were reliable? Every single German car is a trouble machine. They make their vehicles too advanced and cant even fix the stuff themselves. Suzuki is Japanese, when have you ever heard a Japanese car being unreliable? Never!

Suzuki is Japanese, when have you ever heard a Japanese car being unreliable? Never!

My piece of crap Lexus IS has been in at the garage longer than I've actually had it in my possession. A well looked after example by most accounts with extensive service history.

If it's not fixed by the end of this week I'm going to smash it to pieces with a lump hammer and an axe, maybe an angle grinder too (can you tell I've given this some thought?)

Id rather be broken down at the side of the road with my Merc than be seen driving a suzuki Alto, but thats just me lol

Lee, the man with the reliable Land Rovers and the unreliable Lexus. He's one in a billion!

Lee, the man with the reliable Land Rovers and the unreliable Lexus. He's one in a billion!

My grandma always said I was special, you know...

It's really my duty to buy a V8 P38 Range Rover still with its air suspension to test out your theory...

My grandma always said I was special, you know...

It's really my duty to buy a V8 P38 Range Rover still with its air suspension to test out your theory...

Whilst you're in this predicament, why not go the full course and test your luck on the lottery as well? (1 in a billion is good chance for you).

Id rather be broken down at the side of the road with my Merc than be seen driving a suzuki Alto, but thats just me lol

I don't really know what to make of that!

I purchased a Japanese built (important that) Suzuki a few months ago, it's a little fun car for hooning around B roads on and it's just brilliant. Brilliant too that there was no real faults worth talking about at eleven years old with just basic servicing carried out in that time. I could drive it anywhere, anytime with the full confidence that it's very unlikely to breakdown, nobody should turn their noses up to a car that's going to do the job it was intended for - to work.

SPX said:
My piece of crap Lexus IS has been in at the garage longer than I've actually had it in my possession. A well looked after example by most accounts with extensive service history. If it's not fixed by the end of this week I'm going to smash it to pieces with a lump hammer and an axe, maybe an angle grinder too (can you tell I've given this some thought?)
need help with it Lee?:D

I knew I should have not listened to my family and got a Japanese cat, the Evo. Hopefully this car gives me 5-6 years and then the Evo will be fine forget crappy mercs.

Really , u guys have been very lucky with ur altos as everyone ive known have rotted out but not before needing headgaskets an driveshafts. Not exactly safe in the event of accident either.

Yeah crappie old Mercs thousands of Spanish taxi drivers must b wrong lol imo of course ;)

If u really want a proper jap car that won't give agro or rot buy a Honda jaz or Toyota yaris great little cars

maha said:
I knew I should have not listened to my family and got a Japanese cat, the Evo. Hopefully this car gives me 5-6 years and then the Evo will be fine forget crappy mercs.
;)

Attachments

• image-1093416959.jpg
    image-1093416959.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 20
My most reliable car ever is our 97 Toyota Previa, followed very closely by the C180K.

The worst were the two 70's Alfas and the 05 Renault.

Out of the frying pan, into the fire. Evos are a high maintenance mistress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom