Suzzie, the CLK 500 so this happened

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc85

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLK 500
So this happened,

AF477A0E-A8F8-4C43-9B39-C2E2C829E180.jpeg
AE8BDFF0-8931-4C09-A82E-3C12643D34B1.jpeg
27A23478-8585-4921-95BA-E958606F7B58.jpeg
0EF7ABA3-D874-4AD6-B7C3-652522CEAAB3.jpeg

She got a clay, Machine polished with G3 super resin, finished with Megs Gold class paste wax, carpets shampoo’d leather cleaned Gliptone but tbh could do with recolonisation by someone who knows what there doing lol.

I’ve already made the mistake of cleaning a small part of the engine bay , this usually ends up with me replacing everything making the car like new then to sell at a massive loss lol.
Tbh I’m smitten with her, oh and she’s called Suzzie, the previous owner named her nay as well keep it haha.

I was looking for 320 tbh , but then the 500 came along and I’m glad I did as coming from a 211 e55 even the 5ltr is sedate but!! Tbh it suits the Clk in a good way it’s more of a cruiser than a blaster and that’s exactly what i wanted.
68k she drives Lovely, bonnet catch needs tobe sorted as it’s partially away from a fixing point, nsr 1/4 has a small crease on the swadge line a paintless dent removal should sort that and the hood around the bottom corner of the rear glass has bulged all jobs which will be sorted as I go.
The drive is great not to much scuttle shake , lovely smooth box, atf changed at 45k, plugs at 54, service has been fine on mileage rather than yearly but that said it’s all there and she starts and drives on the button with no apparent rust anywhere on the body.
I’m currently decorating our new home so progress will be slow turning this one into a right peach but she’ll be worth it.

Great looking car Gavin :D

That must be a pretty darn rare car in that condition with V8, what a find! Looks like it has the heated seats and xenons which many CLK’s lack and are a pain to retrofit too

Oh Pat , lol because of lockdown and the size of our family we rarely go anywhere, I Was using the e55 for shirt local trips so I thought i didn’t need the 7 seats and a smaller engine would be better lol , Well I got 1 out if two didn’t I ?? ;)

I'm sure I saw this car and thought of you Gav:p
Looks nice and I'm sure you'll get on top of the jobs that need sorting.

Don't fall into the trap of wasting money on replacing unnecessary items this time.

That must be a pretty darn rare car in that condition with V8, what a find! Looks like it has the heated seats and xenons which many CLK’s lack and are a pain to retrofit too
Indeed, I saw a lovely 320 in the blue colour fully spec’d but it had dubious so passed on it but really liked the colour.

Yep xenon and heated was a must so that really made my mind up with this one , the 5lt was the icing on the cake.

I'm sure I saw this car and thought of you Gav:p
Looks nice and I'm sure you'll get on top of the jobs that need sorting.

Don't fall into the trap of wasting money on replacing unnecessary items this time.
Well she hasn’t got the added AMG tax added to the price if parts so shouldn’t be that bad lol, unfortunately I cannot promise as I like my cars to be as close to perfect as i in can get in my ownership, seriously I’ve really fallen for this CLK.

What I will say is i do miss the Airmatic , I loved the ride a 211 on air gives , but every other box is ticked for me.
It’s a strange car almost feels C class 203 front and 211 mid to rear, also surprised how much space there is.

Last edited:
It can be soooo easy with a car just to replace bits because they are not up to ones standards and in all honestly do not need replacing resulting in needless expense.

On the other hand if one is happy and enjoys such jobs then why not.
Can be great getting away from folks, get into your zone and do your thing.

Some folks gamble, some smoke, some drink, some visit ladies of the night and some of us change track rod ends for no apparent reason other than they are not shiny enough. :)

Also managed 35mpg on the way back from Bristol, even after using a flick of the pedol twice ;) 190 miles covered in the same level of Comfort as a 211, well very nearly.

Looks great, nice colour combo, V8 soundtrack 😀

It’s a strange car almost feels C class 203 front and 211 mid to rear, also surprised how much space there is.
Agree. I'm not a small chap but don't feel hemmed in the same way I did in our SLK R171. It is such a handsome car either roof up or down

All OK with the roof? I *think* the reluctance to open on our CLK is actually down to worn seals on lift cylinders so need to get that tackled. There is a member in here whom I need to message who may be able to help

If you are not already aware, there is a specific W209 section on BenzWorld.org which is very useful.

Looking forward to more pics please

Well done quite a few miles in her already and she drives really tight.

Made a start on the engine bay dear god what a mess it was lol.
Turned out well, needs a few hours but surprisingly it’s cleaning up easily with gt85 and a rag.
Megs tyre trim gel on the rubber bits.

Attachments

• 173B6D38-E41B-487D-BA67-17A79493EA55.jpeg
    173B6D38-E41B-487D-BA67-17A79493EA55.jpeg
    124.2 KB · Views: 46
Outside work this morning,

5C25171B-B30F-414A-8C6F-5BDCE2D2A8DA.jpeg
So i am now on the look out for a set 18" wheels, i don't want tobe running 19's as i think it will spoil the ride!
Will the CLK take a 8.5j et35 wheel front and back does anyone know?

My 19's will be for sale shortly

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom