Suzzie, the CLK 500 so this happened

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So sorted the water pockets, A little bit crude but works , the wife has been dragging her feet on this one haha since instead of stitching the elastic back I made a small hole in the end of the two snapped bits and cable tied them worked a treat lol
I need to do that

Got the car back after 2 Rear lower Rose bushes replaced and a Genuine rear Swaybar as the old one was corroded.
Totally transformed the handling well worth doing!
Gave her a machine polish today followed by a Megs Paste wax in prep for the drive to London Monday with the boy.

View attachment 114348
View attachment 114349
View attachment 114350
View attachment 114351
View attachment 114352
View attachment 114353
I love your wheels but I just got my AMGs refurbed and treated them to some Michelin Pilot Sport 4s

Rear bar looks ok. No play anywhere. I’ve given up!

Front bar replaced. I took it to WG after buying - was advised to just replace every front suspension arm, bush etc in one hit. Aligned at WIM. Wasn’t cheap but it must be at least 5 years so it’s surely paid off. The trick is to not get bored of the car and sell after splashing ££££ on maintenance. Been there, done that countless times 🤣
Me too 44 cars and counting

I would really like to own an S class one day. I imagine them to be pure luxury. The seats I imagine to be divine.
I had an S500 heated and cooled seats, TV everything I should never have sold it

Sue's CLK has the dash clicking occasionally and pretty sure it is the most inaccessible on which requires dismantling the entire dash!! It would be liveable if not for the fast that demisting is a nightmare and it is either roasting hot or freezing cold in the cab - I am assuming the two events are connected? Any suggestions more than welcome! Actually, I may start a separate thread as it may well help others in the future
I have the same on my 500 it is one of the two actuators on the passenger side

Great thread, very informative and a true labour of love. Good luck with the sale as the new owner will be getting a peach of a car.

Just a quick update, mileage now 77,200 on the last but one hospital trip I noticed a very small delay shifting 6-7 it’s only because I know my cars so well I noticed it.

I booked her straight into Mercedes Waterhouse, they told me the conductor plate had fault.
These are on back order at MB know due date price was around grand plus fitting “which I woulda paid” but they couldn’t supply the part.

In the end I had a refurbished unit supplied and programmed from Bulgaria , Waterhouse agreed to fit and fettle the map shes now been driving spot on again covering a good 600miles since.

Crazy that this part being 1 theft related hence need coding and 2, on back order!
Total cost of the repair was £850

Sadly MB Waterhouse have finished no longer catering for Mercedes in Chelmsford.

Just to update the thread. I bought this car from Gav last weekend and it now lives with me in South Worcestershire.
It is in outstanding condition and it drives perfectly after all the work Gav has done and Gav was a pleasure to deal with throughout the buying process.
The car will be an "occasion and road trip" car. Next year the plan is to take it back to Bremen where it was built (I have friends who live near the factory). A road trip to Italy is also planned and there may be a trip to Norway.
In terms of work, biggest task will be keeping it clean and detailed to Gavs standard but there are two minor jobs/upgrades. I love the key operated roof of the later CLKs so will add a roof module, probably the Car Style one, and it's going to get Carplay.
Not sure yet if I'll replace the original Command 2 or add a screen in front. I'll post here what I decide.
The car will be tucked away for the winter at the end of October (or November if I'm enjoying it too much).
Give me a wave if you see it around the Malvern area.
The registration number will change, I have a few plates on retention, not sure which one will go on it yet.

Just to update the thread. I bought this car from Gav last weekend and it now lives with me in South Worcestershire.
It is in outstanding condition and it drives perfectly after all the work Gav has done and Gav was a pleasure to deal with throughout the buying process.
The car will be an "occasion and road trip" car. Next year the plan is to take it back to Bremen where it was built (I have friends who live near the factory). A road trip to Italy is also planned and there may be a trip to Norway.
In terms of work, biggest task will be keeping it clean and detailed to Gavs standard but there are two minor jobs/upgrades. I love the key operated roof of the later CLKs so will add a roof module, probably the Car Style one, and it's going to get Carplay.
Not sure yet if I'll replace the original Command 2 or add a screen in front. I'll post here what I decide.
The car will be tucked away for the winter at the end of October (or November if I'm enjoying it too much).
The registration number will change, I have a few plates on retention, not sure which one will go on it yet.
Enjoy buddy , start a thread when you come back from your European tour . We love car pics in foreign places .

You got a great car there

Curious - why NotFiona?

Congratulations, cracking car 👌🏻

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom