SW London & north Surrey closed this Sunday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swannymere

Car
1994 S124 E300d
Due to a trial run of the Olympic Cycle Road Race large sections of South West London and North Surrey will be closed on Sunday for an EIGHT hour period, please check before travelling, you have been warned!

Surrey Classic Road Race

Yep , know all about this , bloody thing runs right through where we are.

Me to.

Luckily they dive "Saarf of the River" before they get to me :)

Yep , know all about this , bloody thing runs right through where we are.

Me Too !

No , too nice round here ! ;)

The hoodies are made by Crew Clothing or White Stuff :D

Total chaos now. All the north south routes across the Thames are completely blocked, there having been poor advance warning. Sunday is normally bad enough because red routes cease to function, so I hate to think of the congestion later.

Radio was broadcasting TFL messages saying 'Roads closed from 6am to 3pm today' at 1pm !>??! :doh:

Very quiet in the 'Teddington Triangle' today , suspect it is mayhem at the moment. The government won't admit to it though , bet their official line will be 'No problems , all went smoothly' :rolleyes:

Luckily I was away during all this but I'm told there will be three days of road closures during 2012 as this is the Olympics cycle route? It goes past my house. Mel.

And this was the scene in Richmond town centre on Sunday at 9.30am, just round the corner where the race was:

2011-08-14093420.jpg

God knows what the traffic was like around the surrounding area, I was on my way to the train station to get to a GTG!

We were going into London on the Sunday so I was glad we spotted this thread on Sunday morning :D.

We took the tube in the end (with both kids), a lot better than the prospect of getting stuck in traffic and the kids really enjoyed the experience too.

Coincidentally, I think we saw the German team practicing on the Saturday - about 6 bikes running together in their team kit with "Deutschland" emblazoned across their backs.

Let me tell you trying to get from St James' Park to Staines was a flipping nightmare at 8am on Sunday!! 8 flipping AM!

It took 50 mins to get to Hammersmith from St James' Park. At that time in the morning it would normally take 10-15mins.

To give you more of an idea...here's how our route roughly looked: Regency St, London SW1P, UK to Hammersmith Station, Hammersmith Broadway, Metropolitan Station Arcade, London W6 7AE, UK - Google Maps

In comparison to normal: Regency St, London SW1P, UK to Hammersmith Station, Hammersmith Broadway, Metropolitan Station Arcade, London W6 7AE, UK - Google Maps

:dk:

:eek:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom