Swap engine on a W209

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gonzalo99

Car
w209 200 kompressor convertible 2008
Hi, I need advice as I have a 2008 200 Kompressor convertible W209 with the 184cv engine with reference M271.955 and VIN number WDB2094411T088376.
This engine was repaired three year ago but now is broken again with noises and now we have found a problem in cylinder 3 with low compression. I am very fed up and what to get rid of it, actually the car is in Spain and have been looking for my exact engine but I can only find the other engine that had this cars of 163cv with reference M271.940

My idea is to buy it and install on my car, but I would like to know if it will fit normally without finding problems in the middle of the installation. They really look similar....
Any one tried before?. Thanks in advance.

Hi, I need advice as I have a 2008 200 Kompressor convertible W209 with the 184cv engine with reference M271.955 and VIN number WDB2094411T088376.
This engine was repaired three year ago but now is broken again with noises and now we have found a problem in cylinder 3 with low compression. I am very fed up and what to get rid of it, actually the car is in Spain and have been looking for my exact engine but I can only find the other engine that had this cars of 163cv with reference M271.940

My idea is to buy it and install on my car, but I would like to know if it will fit normally without finding problems in the middle of the installation. They really look similar....
Any one tried before?. Thanks in advance.

You really need to be careful here as the 1.6 M271 engine, I think, is a Turbo unit, whereas yours is a Kompressor, as in supercharged. There will also be other differences, like engine management and fuel injection.

Hopefully someone else may come on with more help, but I think you would be best to try and find a like for like replacement.

Ernie

You really need to be careful here as the 1.6 M271 engine, I think, is a Turbo unit, whereas yours is a Kompressor, as in supercharged. There will also be other differences, like engine management and fuel injection.

Hopefully someone else may come on with more help, but I think you would be best to try and find a like for like replacement.

Ernie
No, both are of 1.8 and with compressor.

Same bore, but a longer stroke? - I agree that they can't be the same engine and have different capacities.

It is possible that this is a red herring, and they are the same engine (and do have the same capacity) because Wikipedia suggests that it's the 271.952 which is the 1.6L version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom