Swap Prince Andrew for Anne Sedacus..

• Thread starter Deleted member 149005
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
[UNPOPULAR OPINION]
While I can't condone her leaving the UK in the manner she did, we should also remember that the real culprit here is the US government, who no doubt pressured here to flee under the cover of diplomatic immunity. Yes she could have come back to UK on her own accord, but let's face it, how many Brits would voluntarily return to (say) Cyprus, or Dubai, or Columbia, etc, voluntarily to face trial if they were able to leave the country? Again, not condoning her actions, but what she did was an accident, and her refusal to come back is only human. So she's in the wrong, yes, absolutely, but I don't think she quite deserves the vilification that she is getting from some here in the UK.
[/UNPOPULAR OPINION]

Ask Israel to kidnap her & handcuff her to the railings at Scotland yard. They did a pretty good job with Nazi war criminals. Did not worry about asking for permission or extradition. Straight in & out, job done.
In the 1980's there was a spate of kidnapping of foreign citizens (diplomats and others) in Beirut, the most famous of which was Terry Waite (now CBE) who was held for 5 years. Hezbollah (and their precursor El-Amal) kidnapped people for ransom right left and centre. However, they have only kidnapped a Russian diplomat once.... whom they quickly released unharmed. Have a Google search if you want to know why no other Russian was ever kidnapped in Beirut again (not for the faint of heart).

An unpopular viewpoint to some.
The US has huge influence within the halls of established power in the UK.
Its influence tentacles permeate throughout every corridor of power within the UK's ruling society including politics & law.
To preserve what is often called "our special relationship" the UK is of course the "poodle" here .
It all one sided and the US Gov will do what the US Gov will do!
Simply because it calls the shots as Shrek, and the UK as Lord Farquaad can only grovel .
The only real recourse is to sue the individual in US Civil District court because that is the only recourse to obtain what is called Justice.
I bet high powered US Tort attorneys are already smelling money, and pressing their Armani's suits for their day in court.
Tuercas Viejas

Have a Google search if you want to know why no other Russian was ever kidnapped in Beirut again (not for the faint of heart).
Can you tl;dr it for us?

EDIT: I've read up on it. They target terrorists' families and mutilate them.

Last edited:
There's a good BBC radio 4 program available called Law In Action, and one of the podcasts recently uploaded is an interview with Anne's lawyer that goes into a bit more detail about the case. Worth a listen, as the cooperation being provided (short of extradition or voluntary return to the UK) doesn't seem to be very well reported in the media.

Can you tl;dr it for us?

EDIT: I've read up on it. They target terrorists' families and mutilate them.
Russia don’t seem to really care much what the rest of the world think of them, so messing with them is not the best move if you don’t have the backing of some of the big players. They also have a pretty solid line of denial to any actions they may be accused of, however much of a ’smoking gun’ is found with their fingerprints all over it.

With the Prince Andrew saga did I miss where it was suggested that he had acted illegally?

I don't like the guy, largely due to his interview which showed him to consider himself as far above his actual intelligence quota, and I can't understand how he has a personal wealth of £57million.

Morally lacking, but what law is said he broke?

He is a thief.
An Oxygen thief.

Is it totally beyond the bounds of possibility that Anne Sacoolas may not be just a housewife?

I’ll admit my thinking may have been coloured by being an avid fan of the tv series “The Americans”, but I realise we’re unlikely to ever know for sure.

He is a thief.
An Oxygen thief.
Yeh but were talking American oxygen,
in as much as they think all the planets oxygen belongs to them, are they deserving anyway?

Exactly my thoughts!
Yes I would tend to agree with that statement .
You must realise the US makes agreements and treaties with other countries, but at the same time follows its own agenda when necessary .
The UK is seen from these shores as a junior partner at best & when convenient.
Remember 1945 onwards was a dynamic shift in world order. The US calls the shots and has done so since then.

Being an old colonial power the UK it still provides useful intelligence to the US due to the UK's vast past & established international contact networks .
If you still have any lingering ideas that the UK isn't strongly influenced by the US, just look at the Julian Assange fiasco which has turned British Justice on its head .
No longer does the world look at the UK for a balanced judiciary any more .
Tuercas viejas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom