Swapping AMG Slk55?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mikemac

Car
SLK55 AMG
Hi guy's, I love my black slk55 AMG, so much so for my next car I will probably just get another one! I would like a small change, so I was wondering on the possibility of simply swapping my car for one in white.

I know our cars are quite rare but was wondering if there is anyone on this forum who has done something similar? Or if there are any members with a white Slk55 who would consider a swap for a black one? Obviously I would be willing to pay any extra if the milage was lower etc.

Let me know your thoughts chaps :thumb:

Thanks for the reply. When you say wrap do you mean a full respray? That would cost way too much plus would make selling it later in life difficult.

Mileage is 80k, which might put people off I guess. That's why I wouldn't mind paying a little extra.

Thanks again. Never thought of wrapping. Wouldn't it look odd seeing black parts such as inside the doors, boot etc? Has anyone on here had a full wrap before?

Thanks again. Never thought of wrapping. Wouldn't it look odd seeing black parts such as inside the doors, boot etc? Has anyone on here had a full wrap before?

You can get that wrapped too, i've seen some good wrapping work done on some of the MB cars, Paul Lopes is one of them, he had his 211 E55 wrapped and that was a top job.

Personally I woudn't do it to my SLK55 as I love my designo colour but it's an option for you saves from all the hassle of selling or swapping a car.

If you get the wrap done correctly, they do the door shuts etc too so it will look like a white car....

Speak to midlands car care they are one of the best wrappers in the uk....

Thanks guy's, I have never even thought of wrapping as an option but seems to have come a long way in recent years. I have found one in white with a black roof and carbon mirrors that looked really good. So I could just leave the roof and mirrors as they are already black.

I will take a look at the recommend chap above too.

Get it wrapped in Matt metallic white with a black roof, rear spoiler and mirrors :cool:

As I would keep the roof, spoiler and mirrors original black gloss it might be odd to have matt white, so I'm thinking gloss white. I have attached a photo of the look I would be going for. It's copying the colour combinations of the new AMG range. Thoughts?

ForumRunner_20140320_103750.jpg

ForumRunner_20140320_103802.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom