Swapping an audio 20 over

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steve333

MB Enthusiast
Car
Cls350cdi in palladium,C200k in tenorite,Slk320 in red.
Hi all,I've managed to find a tested audio 20 on German ebay for the wife's slk(her CD player no longer reads discs),question is,how easy is it to remove the old unit and replace it with the new one,many thanks for any help!

Hi all,I've managed to find a tested audio 20 on German ebay for the wife's slk(her CD player no longer reads discs),question is,how easy is it to remove the old unit and replace it with the new one,many thanks for any help!

Is it an Audio-20 2.5 unit (with Bluetooth and colour display/CD slot above) or the older one (CD slot below)? If a 2.5 unit, I changed one on an A-class and it was not too difficult. Do a search on my user name and it was in 2014 - there are quite a few posts and a fair amount of advice. The one thing I never did get working properly was the microphone - probably a coding issue I think.

P.S. Still can't get grin off SuzyCute's face when she drives hers!

Is it an Audio-20 2.5 unit (with Bluetooth and colour display/CD slot above) or the older one (CD slot below)? If a 2.5 unit, I changed one on an A-class and it was not too difficult. Do a search on my user name and it was in 2014 - there are quite a few posts and a fair amount of advice. The one thing I never did get working properly was the microphone - probably a coding issue I think.

P.S. Still can't get grin off SuzyCute's face when she drives hers!

It's the former,will do a search,thanks for your help!

It's the former,will do a search,thanks for your help!

Glad to help. Note the post about the antennae wire power pick up

I was looking for one to put in SLK as Sue loved the MP3 capability, but prices were stupid! The one I got for the A class was £60 on ebay as the seller had put Audio20 instead of Audio-20, so normal searches did not pick it up! Shame it is cosmetically different, or would have swapped the old one back before trade-in!

PM me your email address and I'll email a PDF that may be helpful

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom