Swapping my C43 calipers to C32 4 pistons!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

noogieman

MB Enthusiast
Car
I Loewe Old Skool AMG
I know this topic has been discussed before but I am just curious about?
If this mod is worth doing or not?
My friend wants to sell me a set of front calipers but I am not sure if I will get any improvement in braking?
Only improvement is the visual looks!
So is it worth doing this?

About the install fitment?
Is it necessary to put the RIGHT caliper on the LEFT front wheel?
The same with LEFT caliper put on the RIGHT front wheel?

About stock bolts from C43 AMG calipers, can these be used on the C32 calipers or do I need to get the proper bolts?
I will use my stock original 334mm rotors to bolt the new calipers on!

Can I use my Goodridge braided lines made for my C43/my stock factory brakelines on the new C32 AMG calipers?

You guys who did this upgrade to your cars did you use your stock brakelines and stock bolts on the new calipers?

Can you explain the terms of LEADING calipers and TRAILING calipers?
I don't understand what this means!
Are C43 stock calipers leading or trailing?
And what are C32 calipers?

Thankx

Last edited:
reading some infoe on other forums.
there are not many AMG owners recommending this mod!

info like pistons not being placed correct!
putting left caliper on right side and vice versa!
bleeder valve at the bottom making the bleeding for air problematic?
1 caliper being leading and the other being trailing?
something about thicker wishbone arms on V6 and V8 202's making it more difficult to bolt the C32 calipers on perfectly than 4 cylinder cars with thinner wishbone arms that makes it better to bolt on C32 calipers?

There are many greasemonkies that are mechanically inclined whom knows what they are doing.
The info I wrote above there are pros/cons to do this mod, I think it's better to use my factory stock brakes instead!

CLUB202.COM has alot of info about this mod and many people seems not recommending this mod on C43's?

I guess I wont be doing this now!

Last edited:
Apart from the looks which I agree are not very "modern" looking, the standard brake set up on the C43 is amply sufficient for most conditions. I find the brakes quite adequate for fast road driving (even hard driving the passes in the Alps). Don't know how they will live up on a track as I have yet to check. Having raced Porsches in the past, I think I have some knowledge on what good brakes are like ;) I recommend that the C43 brake system should be checked on a regular basis and it can certainly be improved with different pads, for example the EPC yellowstuff, or redstuff if you want less brake dust. Always use high temperature brake fluid with regular brake bleeds and why not include braided hoses which will certainly improve brake pedal feel. If you want a real upgrade then go for six pot Brembo calipers and big discs (they are direct bolt on), but then the price may be in a different category than some simple upgrades and maintenance. Just my 2 cent worth.... :thumb:

Last edited:
Apart from the looks which I agree are not very "modern" looking, the standard brake set up on the C43 is amply sufficient for most conditions. I find the brakes quite adequate for fast road driving (even hard driving the passes in the Alps). Don't know how they will live up on a track as I have yet to check. Having raced Porsches in the past, I think I have some knowledge on what good brakes are like ;) I recommend that the C43 brake system should be checked on a regular basis and it can certainly be improved with different pads, for example the EPC yellowstuff, or redstuff if you want less brake dust. Always use high temperature brake fluid with regular brake bleeds and why not include braided hoses which will certainly improve brake pedal feel. If you want a real upgrade then go for six pot Brembo calipers and big discs (they are direct bolt on), but then the price may be in a different category than some simple upgrades and maintenance. Just my 2 cent worth.... :thumb:

yeah bud upgrades are fun but costly!

my brakepads are PORTERFIELDS R4S, almost zero dust!
I bought them from US.

About the C32 calipers I think I will let this dream go!
I guess it wont be much of an upgrade just cosmetic looks.

Brakefluids I use only MB original!
Changed every 2 years

Did you install the rear camber arms yet?
How did it go?
Any improvement on your car?

yeah bud upgrades are fun but costly!

my brakepads are PORTERFIELDS R4S, almost zero dust!
I bought them from US.

About the C32 calipers I think I will let this dream go!
I guess it wont be much of an upgrade just cosmetic looks.

Brakefluids I use only MB original!
Changed every 2 years

Did you install the rear camber arms yet?
How did it go?
Any improvement on your car?

No not yet, havn't had the time because have been travelling around. Will do soon ;)

No not yet, havn't had the time because have been travelling around. Will do soon ;)

just be honest with your feedback after installing these camber arms!
I don't wanna buy crap for my car!
Hopefully they are supergreat stuff, but you never know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom