Swapping W124 multi-function stalk from right to left

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TonyVianoAmbiente

Car
W124 E300 Diesel 1995
Is it possible to fit my 1995 W124 E300 Diesel with a multi-function stalk from a left hand drive car at reasonable cost? The stalks often come up on German eBay and I wondered if fitting one would be reasonably easy, and what parts I would need apart from the stalk and its wiring harness.

The reason is that I regularly drive two other vehicles, both of which have the headlight/indicator stalk on the left of the steering column, whereas my Mercedes' is on the right. Too often I find myself grasping at fresh air when I want to signal a turn or dip my headlights. :rolleyes:

LHD cars have the stalk on the right hand side aswell...

@SS: No they don't; pre-W140 all (?) had the stalk on the outboard side (so you can drive one-handed :)). W140 and later have the stalk on the left for both LHD and RHD.

@Tony: It would probably be difficult as there won't be any mounts or trim pieces readily available to fit the stalk on the left-hand side of the steering column in a RHD car. Have you considered modding your other vehicles to put their stalks on the right side instead? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom