Swedish charm no more

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidjpowell

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350 w212 and Ford Ranger
I've had the Saab for over a year, and my experiment with older cars has worked well. Saved several thousand pounds, which was helpful.

But the yearning for a modern car has been calling.
SDC13056.jpg

Picked it up today, and been to Stoke and back. Averaged 48 mpg, plenty of toys including electric seats and leather. Probably depreciates like a brick, but that is someone else's problem. Part of the deal is that the supplier changes it every 6 months or so, and I think that I am a happy bunny.

Anyone fancy a Saab?

PS apologies for the pic. I've been soaked once today, climbing on roofs, not going out there again...

Is it a Toyota Avensis?

I'll ask Ade whether he wants hs old 9-5 back, but having only just bought a Mondeo as a 2nd car I think it's doubtful.

Is it a Toyota Avensis?

I'll ask Ade whether he wants hs old 9-5 back, but having only just bought a Mondeo as a 2nd car I think it's doubtful.

Easy either way. My brother in law is thinking of it also. But it means that he has to persuade someone to buy the rover that his parents gave him first... Gone quiet so may not be happening.

I have had many Vauxhalls in the past and have to say they are pretty good cars generally. Just wish the Insignia didn't have such a stupid great griffin badge, it's sooo ugly!

The one I drove had very high gearing to get those good mpg figures. The car required lots of changing up and down the gearbox to run smoothly. Certainly not "tractable" Ironically if its diesel engined its going to be very closely related to the 4 cylinder SAAB 1.9 diesel engine which itself was a Fiat design. Apart from the high gearing I was impressed with the car -I hope you enjoy it.

A colleague had an estate whilst his car was at the paintshop. I was deeply impressed.

My brother has an estate. It looks better in my opinion, but is noisier, slower and thirstier...

Well I had a 2 day 700 mile trip in the car earlier this week. Am really pleased.

Car will cruise at any socially acceptable UK speed, quietly, and with economy. Had up to 50 mpg, which fell back to 45 by the end of the trip. The 2nd day I was pushing on and on a fair few rural roads, so pleased with this.

The car copped well the bendy bits, and while the diesel thrum, does not sound the same as Petrol, it's performance and overtaking power was good.

The seats are very firm, and I was not looking forward to the trip. To my surprise I came away with no aches and pains, and find that they are on a par with the Saab.

I genuinely think, at this trim level, if you were sat in it blindfolded you would not realise that it was a Vauxhall rather than MB.

Oh and the Intelligent Lighting System is, well, illuminating..

Yes on a long term basis, so huge discount. Given the mileage limits or lack of, I think it's cheaper than leasing.

And while it's dead money, all I ever do when I own a car is lose money anyway.

Yes on a long term basis, so huge discount. Given the mileage limits or lack of, I think it's cheaper than leasing.

And while it's dead money, all I ever do when I own a car is lose money anyway.

I heard from some fleet managers that the insignia was one of the the worse cars to run imaginable ? Can't remember the reasons why though :dk:

I drove a new 2 litre Diesel SRI this week and I was impressed. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom