Swiftcover - excellent!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

frostbite

Car
C43 AMG, 96 Jeep Cherokee 2.5, Triumph Explorer and Thruxton
We've all seen the adverts, all saying the insurance is cheap, easy to do when a claim is made, everything taken care of etc etc.
Of course, we the motoring public are fairly sceptical about how good things will be if we have a prang. I have recently had a bit of a prang in the old Focus (v an old LandRover). Focus (05 plate) 140,000 miles, needed two new door skins and a new front wing. 'Write off' says Swiftcover, 'What do you think it's worth?'. Oh gawd, here we go, I think. 'About £1,750' says I optimistically. 'Ok' says Swiftcover, 'We reckon £2,200'. Huh? There must be a catch.. car collected by salvage firm, money appears in my bank account. Just like that, easy peasy.
All contact with Swiftcover was easy, pleasant, staff were polite and friendly, the whole process was completely stress-free. NCD intact.
Brilliant. :thumb:

Thats good to know! Both my cars are insured with them and have been for several years. They have always been brilliant on the rare occasion we have had to contact them via telephone, as you can manage all your policies on line yourself, free of charge. Goodto know they deliver when things go wrong.
Hope no one was hurt.

Thats good to know! Both my cars are insured with them and have been for several years. They have always been brilliant on the rare occasion we have had to contact them via telephone, as you can manage all your policies on line yourself, free of charge. Goodto know they deliver when things go wrong.
Hope no one was hurt.

No no-one hurt, just some pride here and there. Small scuff on the Landy front bumper (galvanised steel) and the door skins and wing creased on my Focus.
The salvage guy reckoned it'd be bought as a wreck, taken to Poland, fixed up and registered there, as they have no CAT C/D thing. Good luck to them.
Now I've bought a 1996 Cherokee 2.5 petrol as my general runabout. Chrysler Daimler seem to have a hold on me!

Also good to know, my car is currently insured with them...

One of mine is too, this time round.

Neil

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom