Swimming pool removal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thread revival…having had a number of varied and more or less entertaining quotes, work to fill the pool starts on Monday. Pretty much following Ant’s advice on the methodology - the vinyl liner and at least some height of the galvanised uprights will go from site, but all the concrete and paving etc will get broken up and will go into the hole. Then layering up with regular compaction, bringing it up to a suitable level of topsoil. Then most of it will be lawned - our existing “lawn” is 95% moss and weeds so all of that is coming up and the whole lot will be returfed. Considered all sorts of design ideas for using the hole in the ground but we finally decided to keep it simple (and therefore save a significant amount of money…).

Now I just need to work out how and where to sell the equipment - heat pump, relatively new 0.75kw circulating pump, new steps, solar cover reel, one year old Dolphin robotic cleaner and countless bit and pieces…

Thread revival…having had a number of varied and more or less entertaining quotes, work to fill the pool starts on Monday. Pretty much following Ant’s advice on the methodology - the vinyl liner and at least some height of the galvanised uprights will go from site, but all the concrete and paving etc will get broken up and will go into the hole. Then layering up with regular compaction, bringing it up to a suitable level of topsoil. Then most of it will be lawned - our existing “lawn” is 95% moss and weeds so all of that is coming up and the whole lot will be returfed. Considered all sorts of design ideas for using the hole in the ground but we finally decided to keep it simple (and therefore save a significant amount of money…).

Now I just need to work out how and where to sell the equipment - heat pump, relatively new 0.75kw circulating pump, new steps, solar cover reel, one year old Dolphin robotic cleaner and countless bit and pieces…
What's the cleaner, may have thought about the heater but I think it would be to expensive to run for me..

...where to sell the equipment - heat pump, relatively new 0.75kw circulating pump, new steps, solar cover reel, one year old Dolphin robotic cleaner and countless bit and pieces…

eBay?

Something like that, I guess. I don’t like the bay, mainly because of the links with PayPal, which I don’t (and won’t) use. Still leaves Gumtree etc, and network of friends with pools. It’s not really about getting top prices - though pool kit is expensive - but more about keeping it out of the tip!

What's the cleaner, may have thought about the heater but I think it would be to expensive to run for me..
It’s a Maytronics Dolphin M200. It may already have found a home at a friend’s pool, but I’ll drop you a DM if it becomes available.

Heater usually draws between 2 and 4 kw - COP of up to 13, hence the high output.

Something like that, I guess. I don’t like the bay, mainly because of the links with PayPal, which I don’t (and won’t) use. Still leaves Gumtree etc, and network of friends with pools. It’s not really about getting top prices - though pool kit is expensive - but more about keeping it out of the tip!
You don't have to take or pay with PayPal now as eBay no longer owns it.

It’s a Maytronics Dolphin M200. It may already have found a home at a friend’s pool, but I’ll drop you a DM if it becomes available.

Heater usually draws between 2 and 4 kw - COP of up to 13, hence the high output.
My heater is a little under sized and draws 2.1kw, it does struggle to heat but that and the pump will run off the solar panels.
I think it's only a Cop of 7 max ? or maybe 9 but no where near 13..

I only have a 3.6kw solar system which will output 2.5 - 3kw all day in the summer, could do with putting a row on the house roof for something like you have..

My heater is a little under sized and draws 2.1kw, it does struggle to heat but that and the pump will run off the solar panels.
I think it's only a Cop of 7 max ? or maybe 9 but no where near 13..

I only have a 3.6kw solar system which will output 2.5 - 3kw all day in the summer, could do with putting a row on the house roof for something like you have..
Yes, I have quite a big solar array - 24 panels for an output of just over 7kw/p. It’s oversized for the house but we have some heavy shading as well, so our solar production day is quite short. Still produce about 7Mwh per annum though which I think will be about 80% of our total power use now the pool has gone

Yes, I have quite a big solar array - 24 panels for an output of just over 7kw/p. It’s oversized for the house but we have some heavy shading as well, so our solar production day is quite short. Still produce about 7Mwh per annum though which I think will be about 80% of our total power use now the pool has gone

That's pretty good - we only get a little over 3 mWh a year from the 14 panels on our garage roof, which aren't shaded. That reminds me they are due for a clean though!

I seem to remember that bigger installations require extra checks and approval from the network operator, although this is usually just a formality?

That's pretty good - we only get a little over 3 mWh a year from the 14 panels on our garage roof, which aren't shaded. That reminds me they are due for a clean though!

I seem to remember that bigger installations require extra checks and approval from the network operator, although this is usually just a formality?
Yes, we needed DNO approval for this, because the potential power export is higher than the c. 3.6kw that is pre-approved without specific clearance. And it was needed again when we installed a battery (because that can theoretically export to the grid as well). Didn’t seem to be a problem other than it took 2-3 months to get the approval. I think you can also restrict export on a larger system so that it cannot dump large amount of power to the grid, and I’ve heard of people opting for this when the DNO won’t (or can’t) approve the larger potential export.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom