Swirl flap help please? ML270CDI

• Thread starter Deleted member 164231
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 164231

hello guys , I’m new to the forum so thanks in advance .

I hope someone can help me with this
I have a ML270cdi w163 2002 , I’ve had the dreaded P1189 fault code and the car is currently in limp mode.
ive got the resistors to do the swirl flap plug mod but I can’t find the plug in the engine to fit the resistor

I’m a real knob when it comes to cars so please don’t judge me too harshly or laugh too much . Question is am I supposed to be undoing the hoses on the left as I look in ( MAF sensor etc ) or the right as I’ve already done ? I’ve looked and can’t see anything resembling the plug.

if anyone can help or even better still , post a photo of where I need to be looking I’d really appreciate it honest .
Someone has told me that it isn’t as simple as say the 320cdi which is easy accessible, the 270 cdi involves taking off the N/S wheel etc.

thank you .

mark .

Attachments

• C786096D-344B-43A1-A71C-D71CE7D6B21D.jpeg
    C786096D-344B-43A1-A71C-D71CE7D6B21D.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 20
  • 3A3CADD1-3CC6-4F56-B6D0-5FAFF5CAC138.jpeg
    3A3CADD1-3CC6-4F56-B6D0-5FAFF5CAC138.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
There’s a huge thread on using resistors / CDI engines on the other forum!

Fix it properly and avoid poisoning the rest of us.
Bellow ? More like bellend . Thanks for the advice though ✌️

Another butchered diesel knocking the second hand price of all used diesels, accelerating the exclusion of all cars from cities, polluting harmfully in the middle of an ongoing respiratory pandemic and you only bother with the forum to ask how to do it.

well I did say I was a knob but only when it comes to cars hence asking the forum . You on the other hand are just a knob , nothing else- a knob.

Don’t worry about what I’m doing , my one bodged up motor which will probably be scrapped in a few months is not going to affect you , it’s not going to add anything to the situation, you are clearly a very sad individual, a bit of a simpleton with not much in the way of a “ life “

Keep your opinions and observations to yourself, that would be my advice. Get your **** out of your hand , turn off the computer , and go out and meet people.

As somebody who clearly cares enough about the environment to hijack my help request you shouldn’t be on a car forum or even own a car!! use your legs , ride a bike have the courage of your convictions instead of sitting there like some sad Gimp sticking your big nosey beak into other peoples business.

Thank you for fixing the old car. I’m sure our throw away society and depletion of resources is a bigger issue to the worlds health than deleting broken swirl flaps. Jeez 🤣

This guys videos are really good. He goes through cleaning out the entire intake system, fixing gremlins like the swirl flaps etc
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thank you for fixing the old car. I’m sure our throw away society and depletion of resources is a bigger issue to the worlds health than deleting broken swirl flaps. Jeez 🤣

This guys videos are really good. He goes through cleaning out the entire intake system, fixing gremlins like the swirl flaps etc
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

thanks mate 🙏

well I did say I was a knob but only when it comes to cars hence asking the forum . You on the other hand are just a knob , nothing else- a knob.

Don’t worry about what I’m doing , my one bodged up motor which will probably be scrapped in a few months is not going to affect you , it’s not going to add anything to the situation, you are clearly a very sad individual, a bit of a simpleton with not much in the way of a “ life “

Keep your opinions and observations to yourself, that would be my advice. Get your **** out of your hand , turn off the computer , and go out and meet people.

As somebody who clearly cares enough about the environment to hijack my help request you shouldn’t be on a car forum or even own a car!! use your legs , ride a bike have the courage of your convictions instead of sitting there like some sad Gimp sticking your big nosey beak into other peoples business.
Wind your neck in.

This Forum is free to use with some extremely able and knowledgable members, Bellow being one of them.

You are a new member who came asking for advice and when you do not like it you instantly become rude, aggressive and obnoxious.

All from the safety of your keyboard. 🙄

I suggest you take some of your own advice or pickup your toys and close the door quietly.

Wind your neck in.

This Forum is free to use with some extremely able and knowledgable members, Bellow being one of them.

You are a new member who came asking for advice and when you do not like it you instantly become rude, aggressive and obnoxious.

I suggest you take some of your own advice or pickup your toys and close the door quietly.

No pal wind your own neck in . New or not , your boyfriend bellow came on here and attacked me first , I didn’t ask him for his “ advice” I didn’t ask him to come on here And lecture me with his self righteous shit did I ? Did I say anything to him first ?
Try reading the whole thread again and see who said what before you say anything to me again.

Wind your neck in.

And as for the “ safety of keyboard “ I wouldn’t say ANYTHING to anybody on here that I wouldn’t say to their faces in person. That’s 100% cast iron. I’m not “rude or obnoxious” to anyone unless it’s put on me first - which it was.

Enjoy the Euros 😎

As mentioned by @horatio earlier on another Mercedes forum has plenty of info on the resistor mod or EGR shunt as it is known which will stop the black smoke under acceleration and limp mode (lack of power). Also Chrysler forums have plenty of info on the EGR shunt as well.

And as this resistor mod stops the excess black exhaust smoke under load surely that is good for emissions?

As mentioned by @horatio earlier on another Mercedes forum has plenty of info on the resistor mod or EGR shunt as it is known which will stop the black smoke under acceleration and limp mode (lack of power). Also Chrysler forums have plenty of info on the EGR shunt as well.

And as this resistor mod stops the excess black exhaust smoke under load surely that is good for emissions?

Thank you mate . There’s some right tossers on here , so it’s nice to get a decent reply . I’ve sorted it now anyway so moderators feel free to close this thread ✌️✌️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom