Swiss W124 500E - All new parts - £7950

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

crammy69

Car
2001 W210 E55 AMG,2010 Fiat 500 1.2,2002 Triumph America,LML Star 125 DLX,1984 C70,2011 Thruxton
500E

"1991 MERECEDES BENZ 500E (W124) One of the first of this thoroughbred sport saloon. Only two Swiss owners from new. We bought this car from an Audi main dealer in Switzerland who had taken it in part exchange from the second owner. We drove it back and frankly could not believe just how well this totally original (paintwork & interior) car drives, with silent and faultless 320bhp V8 power transmitted through almost undetectable automatic gearbox changes. Upon closer, workshop examination once back at our base, we were flabbergasted to discover that apparently (unmistakeably) the whole of the mechanicals including the engine and all its ancillaries, the gearbox and prop-shaft appear to be brand new replacements. We have contacted the Swiss Audi dealer however as yet we have not been able to verify this. It is clear however that all the items concerned are new. We expect that this fact, together with the total and complete –to-date (09/ 07) Mercedes service history is why this 180k mile, immaculate and original example simply beggars belief both in terms of its quality and performance. Without question the most remarkable, unrestored, original Mercedes with this mileage that we have ever seen. Electric heated seats, full leather, ESR, OTG, FCA, 8 hole alloy wheels with new Michelin Alpine Pilots, not to be missed, truly a useable classic-for-life."

120904511059106.jpg

Now Im not that up on 500E prices, but this seems worth a punt? any opinions?

SORRY just realised posted in wrong section, should be in "Spotted on Ebay" - can mods please move thatnks!

Last edited:
.....we were flabbergasted to discover that apparently (unmistakeably) the whole of the mechanicals including the engine and all its ancillaries, the gearbox and prop-shaft appear to be brand new replacements."

Hmmmmmmm.... Now why would they do that?

I would wonder perhaps if it is indeed a genuine 500E, shouldnt be hard to prove I guess. Is it some posh cut 'n' shut?

It looks like a real 500E.

Maybe the previous owner wanted it perfect to drive? Or it was flooded/crashed and all repaired?

I remember it was advertised for £12,950.

It's definatly worth a look if the new buyer can get it for the £7k mark or even less (credit crunch!).

Good 500E's are becoming more and more difficult to find.

Only thing against it would be the colour. Most popular 500E colours are probably black and silver - certainly not blue. However, something different is good I guess!

I personally think it would look amazing with the bottom half of the car body coloured as thats giving it the dated look but im sure others may disagree. Have never been a fan of the two tone paint on some mercs. Not the best specced example though, not seing many switches on that dash.

Hard to judge the colour from pics - looks OK although its an unusual combo with the black interior. I generally like the two tone, slims the car down and is of its time.

I guess the provenance of the engine, drivetrain and marmite colour is reflected in the price..

Ade

That's a genuine 500E and Swiss 500E's have a difference from all others - they come with taller gearing, a 2.65 diff instead of the stock 2.82.

Means lower acceleration but higher top speed and better fuel efficiency.

I think that colour looks amazing, i have yet to see a 500E look bad in any colour.

Black interior is not the best match with the colour though...grey or beige would have been better suited.

talbir

I saw this one at RealMB a while back.. they wanted 9K... was tempted but then saw Talbir's... well mine now...

If the advert is a true reflection of the car then it's a great buy imo!

Dave!

I saw this one at RealMB a while back.. they wanted 9K... was tempted but then saw Talbir's... well mine now...

That puts it in a different light, Id be interested to know waht you thought of it too? Im sure it was'nt up to Talbir's standards but if you were actively considering it then I may take more interest in it!

To be fair to the seller, he has shown pictures that suggest alot of the car is new, my eyes might deceive me or the pictures might play a trick, but one look at those exhaust manifolds and water pump suggests the description is honest.

Jay is better placed to comment as he has seen the car. It may well be a tarted up pig.

Another fact is the car in question here is extremely rare...easy to exaggerate 140's and Cossie's with so many around and most of them rough, but 500Es need little words...they sell themselves.

talbir

I want to drive mine now, being practical and storing it sucks.

A very nice one is on Pistonheads, it has the preheater I believe, will hunt it out.

Dave!

Black on black E500, just like my old one!

Wonder what happened to K478 OUF after I sold it?

Anyone seen her around?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom