Swissvax Chrystal Rock..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model 3 LR, Model X /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
Anyone used this wax? Swissvax Crystal Rock Carnauba Wax | 1015500A

Local detailer has offered to apply it for an extra £75 following some work.

Apologies for the typo in the title, admins please could you correct it. Thanks in advance.

It’s obviously mega expensive and will required a super duper thorough prep to be noticed. Especially when compared to much cheaper synthetic waxes. So yes, why not.

It's a luxury thing, these kind of waxes do have a very small amount of gloss enhancement but really there's so little on your car you'll never really notice the difference over a synthetic sequent. As long as the paint is well polished and prepped that's 99% of the work.

For the money you could probably get a lower end ceramic applied that will last quite a bit longer and give just as good a finish.

Seems a bit gimmicky no matter what the price is they all claim 6-12 months but it's always 2-3 before you feel the need to wax it again.

I' explore the ceramic as above if it is an option but don't get me wrong I'd love someone to lend a grand's worth of wax to try out. :D

I think you need to convince yourself this is not just your detailer's up-sell to maximise revenue from the job. At £1000 for a 200ml pot and endorsed by somebody who charges £5000 for a full detail, there does seem to be an element of "the emperor's new clothes" at play. Will the application of a final sub-micron thick coating give £75's worth of further enhancement? If you think it will and it brings you satisfaction then go for it, nobody should judge you based on how YOU choose to spend YOUR money. I would question the difference between this wax's behaviour and that of something at the lower end like Collinite. The protected surfaces in the videos are behaving very similar to any wax-coated surface when it comes in contact with water - a fine spray causes beading whilst a deluge causes sheeting. Perhaps adding an electronic dance music backing track to the video enhances performance.

As already pointed out, if your detailer has correctly polished the clearcoat then he has already achieved 99% of the final finish. Claiming Swissvax Crystal Rock will give you 6-12 months protection of this optimised surface is somewhat optimistic IMHO. At the end of the day only you can put a monetary value on the feelgood factor of getting back a nicely detailed car. My Tesco "bag for life" carries around my possessions quite adequately. A crocodile skin Hermes Birkin bag at £140,000 would also do the same job although my wife would beg to differ. Of course it may be more economic to invest in a pot of Zymol Vintage Glaze. It only costs £2400 but then refills are free for life. I believe it is hoof-poured by unicorns under the light of a blood moon.

I agree with the others and doubt that you'd see the difference ---- tub is good for 10-20 applications so say 15 = £66/application......so @ £75-00 either ,he is only t charging £9 for labour or he is not putting enough wax on......:) unless this an over and above on an alternative finish.

What sealant or wax will your detailer be using if you don't 'upgrade' to Crystal Rock?

It's optimistic to think that it'll last 6-12months!, maybe if your car is a garage queen and only driven on dry, sunny days but not if we are talking about a daily driver living outside.

Where waxes are concerned you are applying for the protection element and subsequent durability, not for the car to 'look' a certain way, 95% of the end result is in the prep to get the surface as defect free as possible.
If I prepared a black car and applied a £15 wax, £50 wax and Crystal Rock to adjacent panels, you would stand back and the panels would all look the same, the only visual differences would in water behaviour and the durability which can only really be judged by the aforementioned water behaviour.

Cheers,

Chris

Abs, what other work prior to this are you getting done?

I’ve just got a new pot of wax to try out, it looks fantastic so you’re welcome to come over and we can do your car. I’ve plenty left in the tub and would be more than happy to work on a different coloured car than white! Can’t see a thing after staring at mine for a few hours o_O

(Ignore my filthy wheel arch, took it for a drive after before taking pics)

79DD7D49-8FCC-4E03-8E95-F29B8D5EAD54.jpeg 8D355C24-63DB-4265-ACF8-133C0AE39490.jpeg 49B339BC-9FD3-4E44-8FB9-6C4F91CA53DB.jpeg

To add, I just looked that wax up on the detailing group I’m in and it’s got some great reviews

I’ve just got a new pot of wax to try out, it looks fantastic so you’re welcome to come over and we can do your car. I’ve plenty left in the tub and would be more than happy to work on a different coloured car than white! Can’t see a thing after staring at mine for a few hours o_O

View attachment 86512 View attachment 86513 View attachment 86514

Thanks so much Ash, I will have to take you up on that :D

View attachment 86512 View attachment 86513 View attachment 86514

That is the problem with white - it is very unrewarding when it comes to waxing / final stage.

Gloss comes from your paint, not what products you stick on top of it. So it all depends what you are having done. If its a full paint correction then its probably worth it. If not, then don't bother.

Oh it’s rewarding, my problem with white is the brightness and having to stare at it to work on. Does my eyes no good
I get the same look you have ---- I don't find it that special compared to cars with colour.IMG_0258.jpg

View attachment 86537

White is beautiful when corrected and coated, like this example. Looked as mirror-polished as the black cars in person

Ash

You can get a nice finish on Polar White just using Maguires Elbow Grease , clay and a good wax. Down side with white is the first bit of water on the road and all the hard work is hidden

Andy

View attachment 86537

White is beautiful when corrected and coated, like this example. Looked as mirror-polished as the black cars in person

Still not as good as a darker coloured cars.....:D

In daylight, my car looks just as good as that C Class - my photo was taken late afternoon in my garage - hence the orange tinge...

Oh it’s rewarding, my problem with white is the brightness and having to stare at it to work on. Does my eyes no good
I think silver may actually be more painful. My wife's car is white and its not so difficult to work on as my silver one!

I think silver may actually be more painful. My wife's car is white and its not so difficult to work on as my silver one!

The problem with light silver and white etc is that those colours reflect more light than dark colours. This is why the gloss does not look as deep as darker colours. My biggest gripe is not being able to see clearly where I have / have not applied wax/polish etc....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom