Switchable exhaust for 215

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alexanderfoti

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
Some MB's
Hi all

My 210 had a straight through exhaust system, and whilst loud and non drony on the motorway, it was drony around 1500-2000 RPM.

I am looking for a switchable system for my 215.

I think if I remove the secondary cats and resonators, there should be enough room in the resulting space for an electric cutout valve, to bypass the rear silencers.

Any thoughts?

Are you thinking of fabricating one? I looked for a complete exhaust a while back but there was nothing off-the-shelf. One German shop offered to make it but needed the car for a few days. I've eventually settled on a pair of aftermarket back boxes which sound good and don't drone the car. I have kept the middle resonators though.

I am. I will probably use something like the JEGS exhaust cut outs on a Y pipe. Depending on how much space is available.

The QTP ones arent so good, I have had experience with them in the past, got stuck fairly often which was annoying.

The JEGS ones seem to have good reviews, and aluminum bodied motors.

If space is an issue, QTP offer an oval solution that includes a boss that can be welded onto the side of the pipes.

I may book an appointment with EMP in St Albans for a chat, as I have had a phone call with them and they seem to do good work with Mercedes Exhausts.

Just get a sound generator to play through your stereo, that way you can get your thrill without being anti-social to all those around you. :)

I am. I will probably use something like the JEGS exhaust cut outs on a Y pipe. Depending on how much space is available.

The QTP ones arent so good, I have had experience with them in the past, got stuck fairly often which was annoying.

The JEGS ones seem to have good reviews, and aluminum bodied motors.

If space is an issue, QTP offer an oval solution that includes a boss that can be welded onto the side of the pipes.

I may book an appointment with EMP in St Albans for a chat, as I have had a phone call with them and they seem to do good work with Mercedes Exhausts.

Sounds good. Will be interesting to see how you're getting on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom