Switchable exhaust for SL55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JRH30

Car
SL55 AMG
Any idea if there is a switchable exhaust available for SL55? Had one on my Porsche 997 and really dont want loud exhaust all the time just when I want it.

Yes, there is. HMS in Germany can do it but at a cost. Look here: HMS-Tuning - Exhaust Systems

Well if thats the only one available then rules that out at over 4K Euros plus fitting!! Need to rethink perhaps. Any suggestions for making it a bit louder without being too intrusive.

Hi JRH30,
I have recently bought an SL55 and im also looking for a switchable exhaust as I feel the standard exhaust is a little quiet. Being able to switch between quiet and loud would be great!

Did you manage to find one?

I have been searching online and came across a KKS Performance Exhaust with swtchable valve. I emailed them today for a price so will let you know as soon as I get a responce.

Please see below link:
Mercedes SL55 AMG exhaust sound Klappenauspuff valve controlled KKS-Performance - YouTube

I decided to get the secondary cats and resonators removed. Very happy with the improved sound. Cost about £600. Think you will find a switchable exhaust for SL55 will be very expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom