Switched live for Dash Cam.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rpp999

Car
C220 est amg 4matic. LR Discovery. BMW1200gs
Hi, could anyone advise on where to pick up a switched live for a screen mounted dash cam on a 2019 C220 S205.
TIA.

Have a look at this, it's how I did mine.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thank you for your time in posting that video. You have made it look so simple and will try and fit it tomorrow. Well done.

I also used the same video in the past to fit mine....easy job.

Hi, ok tried to fit dash cam today. The actual fitting of the camera is as the previous post stated, simple.
But, my cars electrical layout is different from the video. I tried to find an ignition switched live and the fuse compartment behind the main light switch on the dash are all permanent live. So I tried the fuse compartment in the passenger footwell and they all appear permanent lives as well including the radio/sat nav fuse. All fuses I tried were 20amp or lower.
Any comments or advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Hi, ok tried to fit dash cam today. The actual fitting of the camera is as the previous post stated, simple.
But, my cars electrical layout is different from the video. I tried to find an ignition switched live and the fuse compartment behind the main light switch on the dash are all permanent live. So I tried the fuse compartment in the passenger footwell and they all appear permanent lives as well including the radio/sat nav fuse. All fuses I tried were 20amp or lower.
Any comments or advice would be gratefully appreciated.
If you can find any switched live then use a fuse tap so it doesn’t matter what the rating of the existing fuse is ;)

Very nice video! Guess what I'll be doing Friday :)

A lot easier fuse box access than my last car was to fit the hardwire, my knees still feel it now lol

In these newer cars some switched live feeds stay live for a short while after the ignition is turned off. So they appear to be permanent but are in fact delayed switched. Its becoming harder and harder to find an actual switched live that goes off with the ignition! Ive seen some go off after 45 minutes!

In these newer cars some switched live feeds stay live for a short while after the ignition is turned off. So they appear to be permanent but are in fact delayed switched. Its becoming harder and harder to find an actual switched live that goes off with the ignition! Ive seen some go off after 45 minutes!
This is true for the W213, I have a dashcam installed, and yes it stays on for around 2 hours max, after I car is locked, then switches off, the only alternative is for a battery pack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom