Switched sides.... Goodbye BMW, hello E400D!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JamesE400D

Car
S213 E400D 4Matic
Hi guys,

After many years and 157k miles I've traded in my trusty F10 5 series for this....

Picked her up from Plymouth Mercedes yesterday, exceptionally clean, new tyres all round, and a full tank of diesel, nice touch.

Purchased over the phone without a drive, after the first 100ish miles home I can say it's one of the best cars I've driven!

I love a Q car and how subtle she is, without an E400D badge you'd never know it wasn't an E220D.

Any tips or tricks very welcome!

Thanks

James

IMG_5870 2.jpg

Welcome, what a lovely motor, and as you say, definitely a wolf in sheep's clothing, they are very rapid, a re-mapped one would be epic! :cool: :) 👍

Welcome to the forum, nice car!

Welcome, what a lovely motor, and as you say, definitely a wolf in sheep's clothing, they are very rapid, a re-mapped one would be epic! :cool: :) 👍

Thanks :) A remap is always VERY tempting but the thought of something major going wrong without warranty back up is a little scary... maybe in a few years!

Lovely car, welcome

Thanks :) A remap is always VERY tempting but the thought of something major going wrong without warranty back up is a little scary... maybe in a few years!

do you find the car lacking in thrust?

Welcome to the forum.
I recently purchased a 400D and am very happy with it.
Plenty of thrust and no thirst as you rightly say.
I wouldn’t remap mine , I’m quite sure most of the horses will be staying in their stable most of the time anyway, but it’s nice to let them have a canter now and again:p

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your new car, looks fab. 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom