Switching it up!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model 3 LR, Model X /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
Well I thought I’d finally post a thread on my new car :)

My lovely CLK found a new home up in the Highlands with the one and only @Edd1968. After it went I thought it would be nice to get an E class saloon to complement the S211 wagon I also own.

I’d always been a fan of the pre-facelift W212 front end so I knew that was what I wanted! Together with the help of Abb I ended up finding a lovely one. (Thanks again @Abb)

So here it is:
CFB88267-710-E-4-A03-B7-DA-D8429-B17177-C.jpg

It’s an E250 CDI, with full AMG styling package, adaptive high beam assist, COMAND etc. I originally looked at an E350 CDI but I’m happy I ended up with this as it is pretty much just as quick but benefits from much better fuel economy! I regularly average 58-60mpg on a run!

As you can see from the photos I’ve just had the wheels fully refurbished (thanks to @Will for the recommendation) I also had an ‘A service’ done as soon as I bought it.

It drives very well but I still have a long list of jobs I want to get done on it to make it perfect:
- Full detail and ceramic coating at some point in the summer during my planned road-trip through Scotland (this will be done by @Edd1968 as he has just started a valeting company)
- Replace Engine and Gearbox mounts
- Get calipers removed, shot-blasted, cast-smoothed, repainted in high gloss silver, fully rebuilt and refitted. This will be done by Dan Merrin (thanks to @Cyclone1 for the recommendation)
- Replace brake discs and pads all round (fronts are pretty new but may as well while the calipers are off)
- Replace fuel/air/pollen filters
- Get the AC looked at, it seems to flash 3 times when I click the button. Not sure what’s wrong there...?

That’s all for now!!!

Last edited:
looks good, do these suffer engine mount failure too, just done mine and also just done all filters too.

Yeah I heard they are common. They aren’t cheap either, about £430 fitted!

Oh I must also thank @rockits for his very kind assistance with the Experian Autocheck :) cheers Dean!

Oh I must also thank @rockits for his very kind assistance with the Experian Autocheck :) cheers Dean!
Your welcome....not really a problem or much effort though [emoji6]

Car looks great btw and hope your happy with it?

Your welcome....not really a problem or much effort though [emoji6]

Car looks great btw and hope your happy with it?

Thanks Dean :) yeah I’m really happy with it, just needs a few bits and bobs doing but I was expecting that! :)

The pre facelift 212 is a fine looking car, seems like you’ve picked a good one there and it’ll be cherished.

Get the air con checked, hopefully just a regass.

After a quick wash with some Megs gold class!

D0789-DF7-76-B8-4707-B317-098-F85-D9-B8-EA.jpg

Be very careful of those kerbs with your front end - last August I misjudged one with my 968 cab, heard the slight scrape as I put the nose over the kerb, then stupidly put the car in reverse - ripped the front bumper and undertray off, insurance claim for accidental damage (thankfully covered on my insurance) was £2700, of which I only had to pay the £100 excess (phew!!).

Well... I just bought a new interior from a FL W212 (Alcantara/black) :D

Did I need it? Not really... lol

It has begun!

9-EAE22-B5-B9-B9-4393-8372-BD5-B739967-DB.jpg

And you get to give it a good clean under there! :)

And you get to give it a good clean under there! :)

Haha yeah! It wasn’t too bad under there though surprisingly! I was expecting worse :)

Looks like a lot of car. Try not throwing your wallet at this one if you can :eek: :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom