Switching manufacturers at end of PCP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pacamack

Car
C250 CDI AMG Sport Plus Coupe
Hi all, my 4 year PCP comes to an end next year and I'm considering switching away from MB for my next car.
I have a GFV on the car of about £13k but I'll be about 20k under my mileage limit so I'm hoping (no doubt naively) that there might be a bit of equity at the end of the contract. I understand how this could be used as a deposit if I took another MB, but how would it work if I switched to another brand?

Only guessing, but I dare say that any value over and above the GFV will be more if traded against another MB, ie staying within the brand, rather than a p/x against something else.

Unless of course it's against anything else due for a facelift or with substantial manufacturer financial support. IMHO :thumb:

If there is genuine equity in the car, you can buy it and re-sell it, or trade it in against the new car from a different manufacturer. You won't get any equity from MB to help towards a new non MB car...

My suspicion is there won't be any meaningful equity. Mileage will make a tiny difference which will be more than eroded by the costs of trading in/selling privately.

This is why I have contract hire, you pay less and hand the car back without any ties whatsoever. Mine will also be handed back with the precise number of miles allowed under the contract.

Only guessing, but I dare say that any value over and above the GFV will be more if traded against another MB, ie staying within the brand, rather than a p/x against something else.

I know Mercedes do this sometimes, so I presume other manufacturers do - there can be extra money available to get people to switch brands.

Maket Segment Share (MSS) is the Holy Grail for marketing people and getting customers to switch both grows your MSS and decreases the rival manufacturer's.

W205 Coupe is due in at the end of this year of this year according to my dealer and I've been very pleased with the current W204.
Also looking at the new Jag XE which seems to be getting good reviews, extra space in the back would be handy as the little one is no longer so little.
3 Series 335d XDrive looks great on paper but I just can't get excited about it.
TT Sportback could be a contender if it actually gets made but I've never been too impressed with Audi ride and handling.

Al in all I'm a bit stuck on what the choose (first world problems!)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom