Swooshing noise is this normal[emoji848]

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Topman2u

Car
A220 cdi amg
Can someone put my mind to rest [emoji85]is this swooshing noise normal I've no loss of power or nothing ! But never heard it on my other cars before !! Or is it just me being stupid I'm no mechanic by any means so any feedback would be great [emoji1360] I can't upload a video to show you sorry [emoji52]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Induction noise? - I can't really hear the "swoosh" in the Nissan at low speeds, but if I put my foot down on the motorway there's a definite hiss of it pulling more air through the filter.

I'd be surprised if it was the dump valve, but it's not impossible; some people do like the sound of it venting to atmosphere (although I don't know how easy it is to do that on a Mercedes).

Induction noise? - I can't really hear the "swoosh" in the Nissan at low speeds, but if I put my foot down on the motorway there's a definite hiss of it pulling more air through the filter.

I'd be surprised if it was the dump valve, but it's not impossible; some people do like the sound of it venting to atmosphere (although I don't know how easy it is to do that on a Mercedes).

Those were both my thoughts hence my question, difficult to answer without actually hearing the noise. Something else to investigate is, has the air filter been upgraded at some point, check that and all connections. A dump valve? Well possible but unlikely on your car but who knows there are some who plumb for them, not a fan myself.

Be interested to know what you turn up so keep us posted.

Swooshing is a bit vague.. is it fluid or air.. as it can be either...

My first though was a turbo hose burst?? but with really hearing it, hard to say...

How can I post a video on hear as I can put photos but not videos

Swooshing is a bit vague.. is it fluid or air.. as it can be either...

My first though was a turbo hose burst?? but with really hearing it, hard to say...

Sorry told you I'm no mechanic [emoji23]
Yes it's air
It happens when your let's say sat on the drive in neutral rev it then let go and it makes the noise of like a (boost value) noise if that makes sense

Warm I just done about 40miles

Warm I just done about 40miles

I have listened to it several times now even with my eyes closed and to be honest i don't think there is anything for you to worry about. It most definately is not a dump valve that's for sure. You say that the car runs fine with no power loss. Being a new car to you perhaps you have a case for getting used to a new soundtrack from this amg.
If you still feel that something may be wrong then take it to a good Merc Indy and get the engine looked at and codes read, it may be worth the money just to put your mind at rest.

Perhaps other more qualified members in this club could advise further so leave the post on for a bit longer. Good luck.

Ditto; I don't think that's anything to be concerned about. - Certainly not at low rpm like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom