Sync pulse cable

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roadie

Hi all, i've just had my Pioneer X1 Sat Nav fitted to my car including a Parrot hands free but the installer has said that they couldn't find the sync pulse cable to connect to my Pioneer. I did mention to them that my earlier Merc a 1999 CLK used the same hifi and through this forum the cable was identified to be in the left hand footwell, was connected and worked perfectly. There response is that my 2000 cabro CLK is different and they cannot connect find this cable and want to charge me an extra £100 to fit a sync pulse generator??

I find this somewhat odd and wondered if anyone is able to shed some light on this and reasure me i'm not getting fleeced.

Hi all, i've just had my Pioneer X1 Sat Nav fitted to my car including a Parrot hands free but the installer has said that they couldn't find the sync pulse cable to connect to my Pioneer. I did mention to them that my earlier Merc a 1999 CLK used the same hifi and through this forum the cable was identified to be in the left hand footwell, was connected and worked perfectly. There response is that my 2000 cabro CLK is different and they cannot connect find this cable and want to charge me an extra £100 to fit a sync pulse generator??

I find this somewhat odd and wondered if anyone is able to shed some light on this and reasure me i'm not getting fleeced.

You are right to be suspicious because the 2000 CLK does have the speed pulse.

It is in the left hand (passenger) sill. Its a black and green cable that goes into a blue connector buried deep in the front part of the sill.

sploom.JPG

have you taken out your existing radio to see if there is a speed pulse already going into the stereo? (it may just be there already), failing that it will be under the sill trim as alfie says.

Thank you for your replies, I thought as much.

I didn't remove anything from the car I left them to do that.

I will phone them now to see what responce I get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom