Synthetic or Semi ATF

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ian6

Car
SLK 55 AMG
Is fully synthetic transmission oil used on the 7g box on an AMG55 i ask only because I have mine done at an indy and have never bothered to ask. Just trying to get to the bottom of the severe gear changes and was wondering if the wrong type of oil would contribute to the problem, the car already benefits from a new valve body and conductor plate.

Is fully synthetic transmission oil used on the 7g box on an AMG55 i ask only because I have mine done at an indy and have never bothered to ask. Just trying to get to the bottom of the severe gear changes and was wondering if the wrong type of oil would contribute to the problem, the car already benefits from a new valve body and conductor plate.
Gearbox atf and filter change is due every 40k miles buddy , oil spec 236.14 .
what oil was used after your work was done ?

I don't know if the 7g box is similar to the dsg on vw Audi etc ,that has to be taken through a learning process That and the oil change takes 2hrs.I don't know if that helps .

The adaptations are required in order to allow the TCU to compensate for wear. It is definitely required when fitting a new TCU, but I don't think it's required when changing the ATF.

As far as I know, the 5g and 7g need 236.14, while the 7g+ needs 236.15. The 9g needs 236.17.

As long as the ATF used meets the relevant MB Spec Sheet, it will be fine (regardless of whether it's semi or full synth).

Best to refer to these gearbox liquids as fluids not oils. They are similar in many ways but engine oils contain components designed to cope with the products of combustion as well as providing lubrication

As far as I know, the 5g and 7g need 236.14, while the 7g+ needs 236.15. The 9g needs 236.17.

As long as the ATF used meets the relevant MB Spec Sheet, it will be fine (regardless of whether it's semi or full synth).
cheers bud, info gratefully received.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom