SYR 1A -- recession, what recession?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C240Sport97

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
SL400, VW California Coast and 911 GT3
The reserve at the DVLA acution for this was £700.

It went for £20,500 plus VAT (£3587.50) plus buyer's premium at 7.5% (£1537.50) plus VAT on buyer's premium (£269.06) plus £80 assignment fee:

£25,974.06

Don't think SYRIA is in recession is it?

Just France, and nearly England.... with the US about to lose it status as a financial super power....

That was probably bought as an embassy purchase. Nearly every day I walk past a black Merc with ZIM 1 parked outside Zimbabwe House in the Strand.

That was probably bought as an embassy purchase. Nearly every day I walk past a black Merc with ZIM 1 parked outside Zimbabwe House in the Strand.

Thought that the embassies got given their plates?

It went for £20,500 plus VAT (£3587.50) plus buyer's premium at 7.5% (£1537.50) plus VAT on buyer's premium (£269.06) plus £80 assignment fee:

£25,974.06

okay, so I've never bought a private plate and I guess I don't know the drill.. but "buyers premium"? isn't that called "the price"?

dave

£25,974.06

I'll stick my neck out and say that the reserve was far too low! A plate that spells something as easily as that, let alone the name of a country, would obviously be worth quite a bit more than £700.

A lot of the plate dealers ask more than that for Irish plates like 'XIL/DIL/IUZ 1234 etc'

Will

okay, so I've never bought a private plate and I guess I don't know the drill.. but "buyers premium"? isn't that called "the price"?

dave

it's the auction fee

Thought that the embassies got given their plates?

diplomatic cars are 3 numbers D 3 numbers

one of the pair of 3 numbers identifies the country

All that money and you don't even get the (physical) plates to go with it!

it's the auction fee

diplomatic cars are 3 numbers D 3 numbers

one of the pair of 3 numbers identifies the country

True I know that bit, but I believe that plates like ZIM 1 (Zimbabwe), AUS 1 (Australia), JAM 1 (Jamaica), CAN 1 (Canada) etc were given to the embassies for use by the High Commisioners...

The nnn D nnn plates are for Diplomats and then they have nnn X nnn plates for other staff (non-diplomatic) IIRC.

The first set of numbers also identifies the Embassy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_country_codes_on_British_diplomatic_vehicle_registration_plates (okay I know it's Wikipedia...)

I'll stick my neck out and say that the reserve was far too low! A plate that spells something as easily as that, let alone the name of a country, would obviously be worth quite a bit more than £700.

A lot of the plate dealers ask more than that for Irish plates like 'XIL/DIL/IUZ 1234 etc'

Will

Agreed...for a plate like that it should have been at least a million barrels of oil a day for eternity!:devil: :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom